Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The device, \Device\Scsi\d344prt1, did not respond within the timeout period.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The device, \Device\Scsi\d344prt1, did not respond within the timeout period.

Operating System: Windows 2000 Professional version 5.00.2195 Service Pack 4
    Burning Software: None
    Anti-virus Software: None
    DAEMON Tools Version: 3.44

I am using Daemon Tools since months on several PC's with ISO images on a network share and never got one single problem.
    However, since a few days, I have the following problem on some PC's:
    - When mounting ISO images, Explorer freezes for a few seconds, then comes back working.
    - When trying to install from virtual drive, it takes a LONG time and I end up sometime with Cyclic errors, but in all cases I get the following errors in Event viewer:
    - An error was detected on device \Device\CdRom1 during a paging operation.
    - The device, \Device\Scsi\d344prt1, did not respond within the timeout period.
    - Same image works fine from any other PC.

This problem happens on 2 different PC's that I recently updated to the latest Microsoft Service Pack (SP4) and all latest DELL drivers, including the latest Intel Chipset drivers. This might be related.
    Again, this happens on 2 different PC's that have same hardware and same drivers from DELL, but for the rest, different installations or software installed. The last case (and cleanest) configuration is shown below:

HARDWARE/BIOS/(Driver):
    - System: Dell Optiplex GX260 BIOS A06
    - CPU: Pentium 4 2.8GHz
    - Chipset: Intel 800 Series Integrated Chipset (4.01.1001 A06)
    - RAM: 256MB
    - HDD: Western Digital WD 400BB 40GB IDE
    - DVD: ?
    - NIC: Intel Pro/1000MT (E1000NT5 6.2.21.19 A01)
    - Display: Intel 82845 BIOS 2759 (6.13.01.3442 A06)
    - Audio: Analog Devices ADI 198x (5.12.01.3528 A08)

OPERATING SYSTEM / APPLICATIONS:
    - Adobe Acrobat Reader 6.0 version 6.0.0 19/05/2003
    - Daemon Tools version 3.44
    - Microsoft Internet Explorer version 6.0.2800.1106 Service Pack 1
    - Microsoft Office 2000 version 9.0.6926 Service Pack 3
    - Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional version 5.00.2195 Service Pack 4

I am myself in Software Engineering and involved in testing/reporting all the times. No problem to check some test versions for you. I must have this problem fixed.

Thanks,

Marc

It may happen i think during network read errors. Try to make stress test by dumping from virtual drive and checking what happens.

Comment

I guess you are right. I made following test:
      1) Mount an ISO image from network to Daemon then copy complete CD contents from Daemon to local HDD:
      => Very slow and a lot of timeout errors on \Device\Scsi\d344prt1 or read errors on \Device\CdRom1
      2) Unmount then copy ISO image from network to local HDD
      => Very slow but copy OK
      3) Mount the ISO image from local HDD to Daemon then copy complete CD contents from Daemon to local HDD:
      => No problem what so ever
      This seems to show that the problem does not come from Daemon but from slow network access. The only thing that maybe *could* be improved is the way Daemon behave with slow access to ISO image.

But thanks for your help anyway!

Comment

Working...
      X