Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another "Please Insert The correct CD-ROM, click OK and restart the application"quest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another "Please Insert The correct CD-ROM, click OK and restart the application"quest

I'm trying to play Might and Magic 8 and 9 and particularly with 9 I got everything installed and it ran off the image (which is an ISO) perfectly fine, but when I run the actual executable it just doesn't see the cd and gives the "please insert the correct CD-ROM, click OK and restart the application" error. I really just want to play the game and seems like this should have been easy enough to fix, but alas I have yet to figure out how. Help anyone?

Which protection?
    Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
    Peace Through Power

Comment

Originally Posted by Forumhelper View Post
      I really just want to play the game...
      The original doesn't work, too ?
      I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

I believe Might and Magic 8 & 9 both have the original Safedisc on them so i got unsafedisc for them, and in all honestly cant figure out how to use it. Is there something better than that? And I own the discs but they are in storage 4 states away and wont be able to get them for months, but I wanted to play now! =). So is safedisc what is directly causing the game not to recognize the image that is mounted on the virtual drive? am I missing something? Should I be using a different piece of software? Thanks!

Comment

When you don't have them here, you are not allowed to play until you get them.
          Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
          Peace Through Power

Comment

Originally Posted by Forumhelper View Post
            So is safedisc what is directly causing the game not to recognize the image that is mounted on the virtual drive? am I missing something? Should I be using a different piece of software? Thanks!
            the issue is (from your own statement) that the image format is iso.. which is totally USELESS for protected disk images...

so, you've got no real option really

to play the game -> get the originals and play
            to play the game using a virtual drive -> get the originals, make an image (NOT an iso file) -> play

either way, both kind of mean you need to get the original disks back.... catch-22
            my views are 100% personal views..

Comment

Working...
            X