DuesEx:IW v1.2 new anti-emulation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DuesEx:IW v1.2 new anti-emulation

Just installed v1.2 patch and I get the message "Conflict with Disc Emulation Software detected". I tried modifying the driver ID but didn't help. Not sure what version of SecurROM is being used. Obviously the CD itself hasn't changed.

Spellforce (securom) 1.10 patch blists dtools also. Good news is that it will be fixed in next dtools.

Comment

Did you try to un-install Daemon Tools and use alternative names for bus- and miniport driver? Ensure you don't have any other virtual cd software installed (e.g. CloneCD, Alcohol ...). Also disable AnyDVD if you use it!
      If it still fails, contact support@daemon-tools.cc.
      Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
      They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

I have the same problem with UT2004 (I got it a couple of days earlier because of my job as a sysadmin).

Any word on the date of the new release of Dtools?

Comment

I just want you guys who are having problems know that I've gotten Deus Ex v1.2 (DVD) to work using the latest Blindwrite (5.1.6.132) and Dtools (3.46) with SecureRom emulation. Worked 1st time.

Comment

And i just want to add that it'll probably need the BW5Tweaker (@SkArN: did you use it too?) since i haven't been able to get a 'good' topology read without it.

Comment

@,jACkdA\W: Funny enough no, it worked without it and I might be mistaken but it even worked after turning the securom emulation off :? but ive checked the DVD with A-Ray Scanner and it detected Securom 5.00.03.0011...weird. Don't know if its worth mentioning but my copy is already at v1.2.

Comment

hmmm... probably drive-dependant. 'normal' read gave 74% quality or something like that, not enough; but (luckily? is that english?? ) that was a friends drive not mine...
                but it even worked after turning the securom emulation off
                well i may be mistaken, but i don't think any sort of DT emulation is needed or would even be asked for if Blindwrite is installed, it emulates that on its own...

Comment

well i may be mistaken, but i don't think any sort of DT emulation is needed or would even be asked for if Blindwrite is installed, it emulates that on its own...
                  Well that's interesting...didn't know that :mrgreen:

Comment

Working...
                  X