DT Locks up when I click "Mount image" button

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DT Locks up when I click "Mount image" button

DT Starts up okay, and all options seem to be responsive on it, but whenever I click "Mount image" it just stops responding. I've got no idea what's causing it. Only thing I can imagine causing the issue is maybe WinXP Service Pack 3? I just got it the other day, never had a problem with DT beforehand... Then again, I haven't had to use it in a couple years, so that might not be the issue either.

Which DT version exactly and which Mount image button do you mean exactly?
    Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
    Peace Through Power

Comment

I'm getting a similar problem.
      XP Pro & DT 4.30.3. AMD 5200+ X2 & an ASUS M3N78-VM mobo.
      If I click on Daemon tools in the System Tray & point it as the ISO image for Disk 1 of Pinnacle Studio 12 to mount it in my (one & only) virtual drive (assigned to V then I get the 'mounting image' splash screen for about 1/2 a second & then windows is dead.
      I can get into Task Manager with CTRL-SHIFT-ESC but I can't click on any of my shortcuts in the QuickLaunch bar or on anything in the system tray. I can select 'reboot' from within Task Manager but it doesn't reboot my system.
      If this is any help, I uninstalled DT & installed a couple of other Virtual CD programs, & I get the same problem.
      I'd say that there was something wrong with Windows but it was a clean install around 2 weeks ago!
      Any help greatly appreciated.

Comment

Working...
      X