Unable to run Daemon Tools after registry clean

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unable to run Daemon Tools after registry clean

Hi, I've got the problem with running DT(all versions) after trying to remove traces of the old version from the registry manually.

I may have removed some critical keys... so could anyone help me to solve this kind of problem...

Thanks!

trying to remove traces of the old version from the registry manually.
    Any reason why you tried that?

Anyway try to reinstall DT.
    Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
    Peace Through Power

Comment

The thing was that I had a problem with removing the previous version. "Setup can't be validated" something like that. So I was suggested to try to remove it manually through registry cleaning.

I've tried to reinstall both the newest version of DT and 4.12 which i had before but none of them were running...

Comment

And which error do you get now?
        Peace Through Power

Comment

I just can't launch neither dtagent.exe nor the main executable file.... and when i tried to install v4.12 the problem was just the same. But in this version when i tried to launch dtagent there was a message that DTprohlp.dll can't be executed by windows or is broken.

Comment

So when you double click on DTProAgent or DTPro.exe nothing shows up?

Which 4.12 version did you tried btw and which Windows version are you running?
            Peace Through Power

Comment

yes, when I double click i just get nothing. But it also (like 4.12) tries to open dtprohlp.exe instead of opening agent. And when i try to open the main executable file it crashes while checking the license (it's a trial version registered on the official web site).

I tried DTpro 4120220Advanced. I'm running Vista 32-bit.

Comment

In which file it crashes (there should be a dialog which indicates which file crashed)?
                Peace Through Power

Comment

if you mean running dtpro.exe there is no dialog. there is only a message that the application is broken. and from the startup picture i could guess that it tried checking the license.

Comment

Do you have AVG Antivirus installed?
                    Peace Through Power

Comment

no, i have Norton Internet Security 2009 and Ad-aware(i shut it down before installing).

Comment

You can try to add install folder to exclusion list, maybe these programs have also problems with DTProHlp.exe like AVG has.

Otherwise i guess you are currently talking about 305?
                        Peace Through Power

Comment

Great, now it does work! the problem was in the directory to install... i've changed it to default one (program files) and everything began working thanks!!

Comment

Working...
                          X