Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Windows 7 - Unable to set new drive letter.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows 7 - Unable to set new drive letter.

Hey.
    I downloaded latest version of Daemon Tools (4.30.0305) and installed it on Windows 7 x64 Build 7000.

Everything installed fine, but there are no Virtual Devices.
    When I try to add new Device - it is doing something for a moment and then nothing happens. In Virtual Device Manager there are 2 Devices installed, but they have no Drive Letter assigned to them. If I try to assign any of the avaialbe letters to them, after pressing Apply I get "Unable to set new drive letter." error.

Any help would be aapreciated.

Hi,

Same problem. But, I use windows 7 build 7057 x86 and SPTD 1.58 and daemon-tools lite 4.30.3.

Please help us ... tks.

Comment

Check related thread in common problems and solutions forum. It's a shame MS didn't fix that crap even in Win7 ...
      Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
      They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Windows 7 b7068 x32, DTPro 4.30.0305 SPTD 1.58

All work fine - 3 virtual frives successfully created and named S: V: W:

Comment

Originally Posted by Copytrooper View Post
          Check related thread in common problems and solutions forum. It's a shame MS didn't fix that crap even in Win7 ...
          I tried Regedit option from that thread. and some other, but it did not help.

That's why I created a thread, because maybe there should be another solution first of all for Windows 7, and second for x64 edition.

Comment

Ok, so after clean install of Windows 7 Build 7100 x64 yesterday, and Daemon Tools (DTPro4300305) - everything's working fine.
            I guess it was either fixed in later builds, or I had something else installed in Build 7000 that caused that error.

Comment

Originally Posted by SergSlim View Post
              Ok, so after clean install of Windows 7 Build 7100 x64 yesterday, and Daemon Tools (DTPro4300305) - everything's working fine.
              I guess it was either fixed in later builds, or I had something else installed in Build 7000 that caused that error.
              Can u add a vIDE drive in Build 7100 x64?

Comment

So i can ignore this error and it will install fine?

Comment

Ignore that msg.
                  vIDE is not supported in Win 7 due to a compatibility problem.
                  Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
                  Peace Through Power

Comment

Working...
                  X