Tagès - Breaking News!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tagès - Breaking News!!!

"This makes TAGES very easy to emulate compared to Securom, CDCops or Starforce, and one can only wonder why Daemon Tools and Alcohol don't support it yet. If need be, we will release our own stand alone TAGES emulator. "

;-)

curios about your reaction

All this is old as hell.
    This news is 'not breaking' for me since end of 2001

Comment

ok,

why is is that difficult to integrate in DAEMON-tools?

or is it always necessary to patch some files....

thx

Comment

You need make approprate image, similar way as described in that article.
        Then DT will be able to emulate it. Authors of many burning programs know how to dump TAGES, so you better ask THEM why they still not dump it.
        Maybe because they did not want to spend time on this, but most likely
        situation will change soon.

Comment

Originally Posted by VeNoM386
          You need make approprate image, similar way as described in that article.
          Then DT will be able to emulate it. Authors of many burning programs know how to dump TAGES, so you better ask THEM why they still not dump it.
          Maybe because they did not want to spend time on this, but most likely
          situation will change soon.

Ah,
          thats means DAEMON will NEVER be capable of emulating the image WITHOUT patching the image ??

I hope its not the same with Starforce3 and YOU will make it !

Comment

There's no need for patching the image, if the images is dumped correctly.
            Starforce3 is no problem, if it's acceptable for you to disconnect all ATAPI/IDE drives.
            Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
            They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

It is a question of making CORRECT image and not patching it.
              If image needs to be patched it is just WRONG image.
              Conventional burning programs create WRONG images, but you can correct them by patching, that it true (like in mentioned article). I hope soon many programs will create CORRECT images that won't need any patching.
              Emulation on WRONG images is genearlly not possible because they lack information contained in twin sectors. It is same as trying to emulate new Securom without proper MDS files with physical information.

Comment

It is a question of making CORRECT image and not patching it.
                If image needs to be patched it is just WRONG image.
                Conventional burning programs create WRONG images, but you can correct them by patching, that it true (like in mentioned article). I hope soon many programs will create CORRECT images that won't need any patching.
                Emulation on WRONG images is genearlly not possible because they lack information contained in twin sectors. It is same as trying to emulate new Securom without proper MDS files with physical information.
                Ok, in my opinion CloneCD 3341 is making unpatched and CORRECT images.

Is this a right one in Your opinion? If not: What would be a CORRECT image in your understanding? Which programm can make it?

thanks again

Comment

Originally Posted by Copytrooper
                  There's no need for patching the image, if the images is dumped correctly.
                  Starforce3 is no problem, if it's acceptable for you to disconnect all ATAPI/IDE drives.
                  No,its not acceptable *hihi*

The whole world is waiting for YOUR solution because You said:"We are working on it" in the starforce3 thread

Comment

No, CloneCD makes WRONG images.
                    No program makes correct image yet right away.

Comment

OK, thanks very much.

Then there are always special individual Patches necessary to patch each image individually to a CORRECT image like this XIII-one - cause I do not see any Burn-programs doing some development in this direction. Maybe because of the low number of games and programs using this protection.

:shock: :evil:

so, letz do them (the patches) :twisted:

I was wrong expecting DAEMON-tools to just mount the CCD-image only cause a SECUROM5-CCD-Image can be also mounted without BWA or MDS-file I think

Comment

Afaik, if you do patch your image, it should work from virtual drive.

Comment

>No, CloneCD makes WRONG images.

Clearly so; hence the need for patching.

>Emulation on WRONG images is genearlly not possible because they lack information contained in twin sectors. It is same as trying to emulate new Securom without proper MDS files with physical information.

Query is whether alcohol (the only program still being developed that uses mdf/mds format) will be updated so that MDS files will contain the necessary information for successful emulation of cds with this protection.

Comment

It is not necessary to update MDS format: Valid Tages image can be created in any raw capable format: MDS, CCD, BWT, NRG etc and even 2352 ISO.

Comment

It is not necessary to update MDS format: Valid Tages image can be created in any raw capable format: MDS, CCD, BWT, NRG etc and even 2352 ISO.
                              Hi Venom, aren't you in the Alcohol development team?

If Alcohol was able to make a working image of a Tagès protected cd it will be a nice thing even if I understand that since there are only 4 games with this protection, it could seem a waste of time.

But in this case Tagès would update its website

Greetings.
                              Massi

Comment

Working...
                              X