DVD movie Disc Imaging Failed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DVD movie Disc Imaging Failed!

Hi, I'm new here and I have a question about using Daemon Tools lite for disc imaging.
    I want to make images of my DVD movies to watch on my Eee PC using VLC media player.

I was able to use Daemon Tools' disc imaging to make a mds file of Apocalypse Now and everything worked fine.
    But as I tried other DVDs I kept getting "disc imaging failed" messages. I got Commando to work so I tried Total Recall and after a few tries I was able to make an image of this DVD. I thought it was because I unchecked the "secure mode." Now though, I get "disc imaging failed" on every DVD I try even Apocalypse Now when I tried it again just to see.

Is this some DRM problem or a bug or do I not have settings right?

I am using WinXp on a Eee PC 1000H with and LG Slim external DVD drive.

I am having the same problem on my desktop machine aswell.

Also I tried making ISO files but even though I'm not getting any error messages the files are only several hundred KB

DT can't backup protected movies.
    Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
    Peace Through Power

Comment

I kinda figured it was a copy protection issue but as I described I am getting inconsistant results.

Why would I be able to image Apocalypse Now and Commando the on the first attempt and Total Recall after fiddling around but now none of the above will image?

I would think a copy protected DVD just plain wouldn't work from the get go.

Comment

They have different protections.
        Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
        Peace Through Power

Comment

Copying a commercial DVD movie should never work unless you have some program like AnyDVD running in the background. If it worked at all, then it's a fluke of some sort.

Comment

Working...
          X