Unable to load game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unable to load game

I made an ISO of my Age of Empires II game, and mounted it on a virtual drive (F). When autorun launched, it said "Please insert the correct CD-ROM..." and doesn't load the game.

I saw something about some type of protection in the forums, but I don't know what exactly this is, and how to determine if or what type of protection my Age of Empires game has? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

BTW I'm a beginner, this is my first day and first time using a CD ISO writing, virtual drive type of program, so I won't understand all the technical lingo.

It is using SafeDisc, so select SafeDisc profile in DT Pro during Image Creation.
    Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
    Peace Through Power

Comment

Alright I selected SafeDisc in the Preferences, however when I tried to write an image from the original CD, it said "Disc imaging failed!"

Before I tried this I used a different program (Gizmo) to write the image; but I don't know if that program has a SafeDisc feature. My problem now is, why isn't DaemonTools letting me make an image? Is there a way I can make an ISO from a FOLDER, not a CD in the drive?

Comment

Check Ignore Read Error.
        Peace Through Power

Comment

I'm using Daemon Tools Lite. There's nowhere in the program for me to check "Ignore Read Error"

Can DT make an ISO from a folder, or does it have to be from a disc?

Comment

iso is useless for protected disks, make mds/mdf format instead, otherwise you'll never get the game running.. well, without a crack at least
            my views are 100% personal views..

Comment

You have to use DT Pro.
              Peace Through Power

Comment

Working...
              X