Option to Remove DVD Region Encoding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Option to Remove DVD Region Encoding

I'm a big fan of Daemon Tools, and I've used the Lite version for years now (can't even remember when I got it).

But something that bugs me is that when I rip discs, DVDs especially, the Region Encoding sticks. Daemon tools automatically defeats SecuRom and such (or so I read), but it doesn't do away with Region Encoding?

I'd like it if the program included the ability to remove region encoding. No, not set image files to another region, just that it'd automatically set the region to Region 0 so that it'd work in any computer or dvd player.

Really, the only reason for different regions is price fixing, so why not just deal away with it? I already bought the disc, why can't I use it, you know?

Daemon Tools does not "defeat" nor change/remove/patch/crack anything. Thus DVD regions will remain as they are on the disc. Region protection is also implemented in OS.
    But most DVDs come with CSS protection, so you've to use some software for that anyway, which should also help with region protection (illegal in some countries).
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Working...
    X