Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conflict with Winamp in Windows 7

Hello all,

with the latest version, v4.30.4.0027 (DT Lite), I experience problems using Winamp in Windows 7. Specifically: Winamp has a "Send-To" menu which lists all sorts of places and devices, among those also the DVD drives. Naturally, when a DT virtual drive is activated, it is listed in the send-to menu as well. And that seems to be the problem. Once my mouse cursor as much as touches the "send-to" item in the menu, winamp crashes, dragging the whole system with it. Immediate sound loop, no mouse movement, no keyboard response. Only thing left to do is reboot the computer.

In any case, I first posted this on the Winamp forums, and one member came up with the solution that the DT virtual drive is the problem. So, I deactivated it, and indeed the problem of crashing Winamp has gone immediately.

Any idea what might be causing this, and how this is fixable?

Thanks in advance
    --Jakob

Originally Posted by JakobTischler View Post
    Hello all,

with the latest version, v4.30.4.0027 (DT Lite), I experience problems using Winamp in Windows 7. Specifically: Winamp has a "Send-To" menu which lists all sorts of places and devices, among those also the DVD drives. Naturally, when a DT virtual drive is activated, it is listed in the send-to menu as well. And that seems to be the problem. Once my mouse cursor as much as touches the "send-to" item in the menu, winamp crashes, dragging the whole system with it. Immediate sound loop, no mouse movement, no keyboard response. Only thing left to do is reboot the computer.

In any case, I first posted this on the Winamp forums, and one member came up with the solution that the DT virtual drive is the problem. So, I deactivated it, and indeed the problem of crashing Winamp has gone immediately.

Any idea what might be causing this, and how this is fixable?

Thanks in advance
    --Jakob
    I want to confirm this problem, this issue has been happening to me just lately. Do you have the 64 bit version too?

Comment

Originally Posted by unknownzero View Post
      I want to confirm this problem, this issue has been happening to me just lately. Do you have the 64 bit version too?
      I third it - windows 7 64bit and exactly the same DTL version number.

BTW, Thanks for the workround

Comment

Working...
      X