Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Strange Scandisk error after installing Daemon Tools.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strange Scandisk error after installing Daemon Tools.

Operating System: Windows XP Pro
    Burning Software: -
    Anti-virus Software: -
    DAEMON Tools Version: 3.44

Hi, and congratulations for this great software.
    (Using Nvidia Nforce2 - Microsoft's IDE Driver)

My problem:

1) Installed Daemon Tools 3.44, with no problems.

2) Used Windows's default Scandisk in complete mode, where the system needs to be restarted to run.

3) Scandisk reported no problems, BUT when the system restarts, a blue screen showed, for almost 1 second (I went to event viewer, and scandisk reported no problems);
    so I cannont read what it tells, and Windows cannot start, the system restarts, the blue screen again, system restarts and the same thing.

4) I un-installed Daemon Tools, and removed one registry entry, D344, that was left in my system.

5) Used Scandisk, and the same problem, the problem -ONLY- happens AFTER running Scandisk.

6) The blue screens still appear after running scandisk.

7) I never had this problem before, I checked the mentioned files and registry entries (st*,pnp*,d344).

I'm VERY worried :cry: , I always speak great things of Daemon Tools with the people I know, so now, please, I need your help.

Thanks,

Max7.

If no daemon driver is in system - why you assume it is subject of posting
    to OUR 'Bug forum'?

Comment

I posted this in the "Bug section", because, ALL the problems for me and some other people started after installing Daemon Tools 3.44.

I never had a blue screen, and just after installing this software, I keep having problems with scandisk, some people even think Daemon Tools caused data corruption in the file system (NTFS).

That's why I posted my problem in the "Bug section", because if it's not a bug in Daemon Tools, I don't know how to call it.

Max7.

Comment

I solved the problem, and I want to mention Daemon Tools is a great and useful software.

I think it was related to a registry entry that was left after uninstalling the program so I deleted it, and there was a conflict between Checkdisk and my Adsl modem.

So, please forget my bug report, sorry for have taken your time.

Please delete this post if you want.

Keep your great work in Daemon Tools,

Max7.

Comment

Working...
        X