Deamon tools can't open .iso made by Sonic RecordNow! Plus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deamon tools can't open .iso made by Sonic RecordNow! Plus

I've tryed with several .iso files made by Sonic RecordNow! Plus. But Deamon tools can't open them, get message: "Windows cannot read from this disk. The disk might be corrupted, or it could be using a format that is not compatible with windows"
    Using v. 4.30.4 of DT.
    MagicIso virtual reads the .iso just great.

Any ideas about this?

So other ISOs work ok?
    Such problem is usually caused either by damaged image file, or interfering/missing drivers.
    Check in device manager if any drivers are installed for the virtual devices. There should be cdrom.sys, storprop.dll and redbook.sys.
    If no drivers are installed, click on install drivers and point to cdrom.inf supplied by OS (in hidden Windows\Inf folder).
    If all mentioned drivers are installed, but also some additional filter drivers check this thread, too:
    My real cdrom/dvdrom drives are missing - THE DAEMON TOOLS FORUM
    Also check if you've a file infcache.1 in Windows\Inf folder, (re-)move it, then try again.
    Sometimes also some antivirus or similar software prevents correct image file access, try to update/disable such software.
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

ISO files made by other burning programs works fine.
      Ive checked the drivers and have all of the driverers you mentioned and a addisional driver imapi.sys and some filters (drvmcdb.sys, pxhelp20.sys, sscdbhk5.sys), these filters are all lower. There is no string for higher in the registry. If memory serves me right I had to remove that one to make the CD-rom work.
      I don't think it have anything to do with the antivirus or firewall, when Daemon tools can open other ISO files.
      And why can the infcache.1 file create problems, doesn't that only speed up the search for drivers for new hw that is pluged in the computer?

Comment

Originally Posted by Ronnyah View Post
        And why can the infcache.1 file create problems, doesn't that only speed up the search for drivers for new hw that is pluged in the computer?
        That's a question you've to ask Microsoft, especially why the bug that important drivers can't be found anymore, if that file exists, is still not fixed.
        Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
        They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

If ISO images created with other software works, then it sounds like Sonic does something unusual, and doesn't create standardized ISO images.

Comment

Sounds strange, have to investigate this some more.
            MagicISO opens the .iso file that Daemon tools fails to open, do anyone know if MagicISO opens unstandarized .iso's that Daemon don't?

I have now also tryed other .iso files burned with Sonic, and the same trouble with thouse.

Comment

Working...
            X