Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trying to create backup of Oxford English Dictionary CD-ROM, or Emulation.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying to create backup of Oxford English Dictionary CD-ROM, or Emulation.

I have Oxford English Dictionary on CD-Rom. I want to make a backup copy. But the CD is protected with C-dilla. I downloaded a program called "CloneCD", and I used this to create an image of the original oxford data CD. Then I "mounted" that image on to the Phatom CD-drom drive, provided my Daemon Tools. Then, I opened the Oxford program, and it asked for verification from the actual CD. I pressed Next, and after a few seconds, it said something like "Please insert the correct CD"... Does anybody know what I might be doing wrong?.... This emulation does not seem to work..... I would prefer to make an actual working backup CD, rather than just emulating one.

Ensure you use newest Daemon Tools version (Phantom drive is quite outdated);
    you don't need emulation from image, and it is possible that registry entries and/or ini files store the install path - so either re-install from mounted image, change the drive letters, or the path in registry/ini.
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

According to Macrovision:

What is/was "C-Dilla"?

C-Dilla, Ltd., was the name of a company that was acquired by Macrovision in 1999. Some Macrovision SafeCast® technology (see below) is derived from earlier C-Dilla products, and some of the files and folders used by applications licensed by older versions of SafeCast still have "C-Dilla" in their names. Note that "C-Dilla" is not the name of any product, software application, or technology.
      As you can see, it it probably a Safecast protection.... BUT Safecast is NOT a copy protection :oops: . Check http://www.macrovision.com/products/...st/index.shtml for more info.

If you're still convinced the cd is copyprotected (it probably is because of the errors);
      try downloading ClonyXXL http://www.google.com/search?q=clony...TF-8&hl=nl&lr= so you know what copyprotection is used.

Then try Alcohol 120% to make a backup, using the correct protection settings.

Good luck
      8) Lintworm a.k.a. Michel Maasdijk 8)

Comment

Oxford dictionary was protected with old version of Safedisc1.
        But it's protection code also has other authentication - besides pure
        Safedisc check. And it may be incompatible with 2000 and above OS.

Comment

Need help

Hello, I have Clone CD version 4.3, and I have ClonyXXL english version - I am trying to make a backup copy of Oxford English Dictionary. ClonyXXL tells me that the CD is protected by "SafeDisk Version 2" - Now, I think I am supposed to tell CloneCD to copy safedisk version 2, but I cannot see where I am supposed to input that information on CloneCD - There is no place where I can tick a box for SafeDisk 2 - So, could somebody pls help me by telling me clearly, step by step, how to make a backup copy CD of Oxford English Dictionary.... Thank you for your previous attempts to help me, but I am not very much experienced in all of this copying technology. It's a little confusing, what with virtual CD-rom drives and all.

Comment

Try using game profile.

Comment

Is "game profile" a program? Or is it a setting of CloneCD? Need more info.

Comment

Is "game profile" a program? Or is it a setting of CloneCD? Need more info.

When you open the read to image feature there is a possibility to make a copy of a 'protected game cd' and a copy of a 'game cd'. You already made a copy using the 'protected game cd' settings. Try if the copy will work when you use the 'game cd' settings.....

As I told you before, you can also use Alcohol 120% (http://www.alcohol-soft.com) to make a copy. In Alcohol it is very easy to select the correct settings.
                8) Lintworm a.k.a. Michel Maasdijk 8)

Comment

Thank you very much for explaining in detail and clearly. I will try the things you have recommended. Thank you.

Comment

if I were you , I would use "alcoholer 4.1" with this program it is very easy to find the right settings for any common copy protection...
                    you can use it for clonecd and alcohol aswell ...

Comment

Working...
                    X