Virtual Drive doesn't show up in "My Computer"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Virtual Drive doesn't show up in "My Computer"

I've already looked in Common Problems and Solutions, couldn't find anything. I've been googling for solutions since yesterday and nothing is working.

When I mount the Virtual cd it doesn't show up in 'my computer'.
    When I go to device manager there are two drivers under DVD/CD-ROM drivers - SYPOPE 3OH6NO5I3 SCSI CdRom Device and TSSTcorp CDDVDW TS-L632H ATA Device. Both have yellow exclamation points. When I update the driver, it says everything is installed and up to date.

This is very frustrating and I reached the point where I needed some help.

And what error is it saying in device manager?
    Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
    Peace Through Power

Comment

it doesn't show an error at all. it doesn't tell me anything. i just noticed that when i mount the virtual dvd/cd, it doesn't show up in 'my computer' as a driver like it should. so i looked in device manager and noticed the yellow exclamation points next to the cd/dvd drivers. it doesn't give me the option to 'repair' it or anything.

Comment

There is no info in device manager -> properties of the virtual drive?
        Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
        They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

I'm not sure what you mean?

Comment

Either double-click, or right-click and select properties, on the virtual device name in device manager (in CD/DVD-ROM section) -> the device properties dialog window should open, and there should be a device status section right on the frist tab. No info there regarding the device status?
            Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
            They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

"Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)

Click 'Check for solutions' to send data about this device to Microsoft and to see if there is a solution available."

I checked for solutions, but I got nothing.

Comment

Working...
              X