Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deamon Tools Lite Freezes During Uninstallation

Hi, thank you for reading.

I'm trying to uninstall Deamon Tools Lite, but every time it freezes in the middle of the uninstallation. Note that it's the not the computer that freezes, it's Deamon Tools.

I guess this mean that I will need to uninstall it manually. However, I wanna do it well. Could anyone tell me how to correctly uninstall it manually (with the registry and everything)?

Are you running Gigabyte Energy Saver? If yes, please close it and try again.
    Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
    Peace Through Power

Comment

Originally Posted by Blazkowicz View Post
      Are you running Gigabyte Energy Saver? If yes, please close it and try again.
      No, I'm not using any energy saving thing. I had to do a repair of Windows XP and Deamon Tools wasn't working properly after. And it can't uninstall either. That's why I think I have to do it manually.

Comment

Never mind. I managed to uninstall it manually by myself. Thanks for your help anyway.

Comment

It is a serious problem, DT kills system on processors with 4 kernels. On 1 kernels processors everything is all right, 2 kernels did not test. I have C2Q 9450 - the system freezes constantly!

Sorry for my poor English.

Comment

Do you use Gigabyte Energy Saver? Just quit it then.
            Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
            They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Copytrooper
              Not, I do not use Gigabyte, and Energy Saver.
              My cfg:
              C2Q Q9450 | 2x2048 Kingston HyperX PC-8500 | MSI HD 4850 512 MB | Asus P5Q | WinXP SP3

My post from support DuplexSecure-Forum:

It is a serious problem, DT kills system on processors with 4 kernels. On 1 kernels processors everything is all right, 2 kernels did not test. I have C2Q 9450 - the system hangs constantly! Other emulated soft (VirtualDrive, UltraIso) worked correctly.

Sorry for my poor English.
              It is a driver problem sptd with 4 kernels processors, testing has shown that it so!

Comment

Working...
              X