Memory problem on virtual drive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Memory problem on virtual drive

I've done this successfully before on an older PC which is why I'm confused now. I used Daemon Tools to mount a copy of Star Trek Armada II onto a virtual drive & then started the game up which allowed me to run and install it. When I try to play the game, however, I receive the message that there is not enough memory to continue & that I need 50MB free on the hard drive & to make sure virtual memory is not disabled... I know I have plenty of space and ram. My old crusty PC could handle this game & this one is brand new. The virtual drive says 0 bytes free of 453MB, I don't know if that has something to do with it but I don't know how to change how much space is allotted to the virtual drive. Any help would be appreciated.

Did you try already a reboot?
    Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
    Peace Through Power

Comment

Yes, I have since restarted my computer. I was thinking of uninstalling & unmounting then doing the whole process over again but I'm not sure if that would make any difference.

Comment

Which OS and which DT version are you running?

Also have you checked if virtual memory (pagefile.sys) is actually activated?

Also it is possible the game is too old and not supported by your OS.
        Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
        Peace Through Power

Comment

I'm currently using Windows Vista. The first time I successfully did this with the exact same game I had Windows ME. Right now I am using the Daemon Tools Pro trial version since I just got a new PC. As far as turning on the paging system... I'm not sure how to do that it just automatically worked the last time I did this.

Comment

My virtual memory is set to "automatically manage paging file size for all drives." It is system managed on (C) one of my 2 hard drives.

It says total paging file size available for all drives:
            Minimum allowed: 16MB
            Recommended: 5755MB
            Currently allocated: 4137MB

I'm not really sure if I need to change something in here to fix the problem, but I didn't want to do that without knowing what I was doing. Also the virtual drive (K) wasn't listed as an option when the paging system listed the two main HDs.

Comment

Help please

Hi
              Im currently having the exact same problem on the exact same game. could sum1 please tell me the solution to the problem??

Comment

Working...
              X