Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Daemon tools doesn't mount the filesystem.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daemon tools doesn't mount the filesystem.

Operating System: XP pro sp1
    Burning Software: Nero 6, CCD, BW5
    Anti-virus Software: none
    DAEMON Tools Version: 3.44

Daemon mounts the CD, but not the filesystem.

The same thing happens with all images. I will use for an example a WarCraft 3 CCD image (no copy-protection emulation needed):

With Windows Explorer:
    Before I mount the image, "My Computer" shows the icon for an empty "DVD Drive". I mount the image. The the icon changes to a "CDROM" (but it doesn't show the autorun icon that it has before). I double click on the icon to open the CD and it says "Please insert a disc into drive X:"

With the game:
    Before I mount the image, if I run the game, it says, "please insert the disc." (That's normal.) I mount the image and try running the game, and the game runs and gets into the menu like normal, but later when the game tries to read a file from the disc, the game freezes.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling Daemon tools. I have tried changing the drive letter. It used to work fine, I don't know why it doesn't anymore.

Virtual drive works on sector level!
    Users reported to us reading problems, e.g. CRC errors, solved the problem by updating the ASPI drivers with e.g. ForceASPI 1.7 - check it out.
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Working...
    X