Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Securom 4.83 can't copy

Hi,

I have program which has 5 CDs. First one is for installation. When I scan it, it has Securom new 4.83.55.0006 protection but others CDs have no protection. Others CDs are data and I must use them always. I would like to backup these CDs. But I can't.
    I installed program from original CD. I tried to copy others CDs with alcohol 120% but this doesn't work. I tried to make image and use it from Daemon tools virtual drive but I have success only ones or twice. But after restart doesn't work.
    I don't get any error, just program can't find data and show black screen.
    Can you explain me how this protection works and is there any way to copy this program?

Thanks

The first disc isn't necessarily protected.
    Obviously the scanner just found the protected exe on that disc.

Do a sector scan of all 5 (3?) discs with ProtectionID.

P.S.: nevertheless you should post the system report in your Alcohol Forum-thread; maybe there's some other problem ...not to mention the fact that it's the most proper place to solve your problem.
    I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

I did sector scan with Protection ID and i found that 1st CD (installation CD) isn't protected but others CDs are protected with: [!] Disc Protection: SecuROM Signature v 4 (or lower)
      Is it posilbe to backup there CDs?

Comment

Create your image with DAEMON Tools Pro using the New SecuROM profile, choose a low DPM speed.

P.S.:
        I don't wanna jump to conclusions, but as you're not willing to post your system report in the Alcohol forums but still want to use this software i suggest to uninstall your current version and use this free one instead.
        You can also create your image with that using the SecuROM 4/5/7 datatype.
        I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

Working...
        X