Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Running a game, Diablo 2 LOD

Hi everyone,

since a few days, I decided to play an old game on my computer, which is "Diablo 2 Lord of Destruction" (LOD = the expension). I saw in my box that the expension's cd is broken. I don't know exactly why, but there was a big scrach on it. So, I decided to download the driver "Daemon Tools" to run as an image the game "Diablo 2 Lord of Destruction". Everything is okay: when it comes the time to install, it's perfect, to update, samething. But, when comes the time to run the game normally with Daemon tools (samething as I would play with a real cd in my computer), "Diablo 2 Lord of Destruction" sends me an error message, which says that I need the expension cd to continue to play. I mounted the .iso of my game on daemon tools (before running the game). In others words, why the autostart work as normal as it would be with the real cd, but doesn't work to run the game?

I can see "the icon of the cd" (with Daemon Tools) of "Diablo 2Lord of Destruction" in one of my driver, when I go in my workstation.

So, now, I'm only getting questions on why does my game send me that message and what could I do to make it run?

Thanks in advance for helping, and I hope someone will be able to help me

Frank

Because of a little something called protection, iso files are inappropriate for the protection used in this case (SecuROM),
    and due to a bug D2 runs from lowest drive letter only, if you start D2 via the d2.exe, try to use game.exe instead.
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Working...
    X