Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Puzzeled

Operating System: Windows 2000 Professional
    Burning Software: N/A not trying to use any for this. (other than DAEMON Tools)
    Anti-virus Software: PCillen 2003
    DAEMON Tools Version: Current, downloaded today.

I have ISOs ripped with Alcohol 120% and Safedisk 2/3 option, for a program.

I'm trying to use DAEMON to install the program to my hard drive.

I have no trouble 'mounting' the 1st 'virtual' CD#1 and beginning the instalation process.

When the Istaller says "Please insert disk 2 that contains the file data3.cab", there is a F: prompt in the "Path" window. I try giving the C:\<path to the file> for disk #2 and I get this message "Setup could not find a file on the specified path or disk". "Please check that the proper disk is inserted or specify a new path".

I'm sure I'm doing something fundamentally wrong. But for the life of me I cannot figure out what it is. I copy and paste the path to the file for the virtual disk #2, so I'm pretty sure I'm not screwing the path up.

Any help would be apreciated.

You've to mount cd2 in virtual drive, then give path to virtual drive, not your hdd!
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

That makes perfect sence.

What I couldn't figure out is exactly how to do that.

The disconect was that I was making it more complicated than it is.

Just in case anyone else runs into this, once the 2nd CD is 'mounted' simply hit the 'OK' button on the Install Wizzard window leaving the F: prompt in place. (duh !)

I was trying to put something in that window.

I thought I had tried this way, but clearly had not.

After downloading the add on DaemonUI 1.81 it made more sence.

Thanks for your help, the light bulb came on at last (there is still hope for us old dogs learning new tricks).

:mrgreen:

Comment

Working...
      X