Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installer starts everytime I boot my pc

Hello!

I've installed a Trial Version of Demon Tools Pro yesterday.

After Setup the program runs fine. Then after I rebooted the installer starts again (?) and that kind of hangs my pc.
    I can close it but only if I open up Task Mananger, because I can't use my mouse anymore to klick anything (??) After that I'm usually able to close the Task DemonToolsPro.

I've uninstalled DemonTools after that - I hoped that would work- but.. it didn't the installer stills starts everytime i boot.
    then i Uninstalled the SPTD drivers. That didn't work either.

my system also hangs now when i shut down my pc. :-/
    I often have to use reset to reboot...

What I've figured out for now. The Installer starts in:
    E:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\vashan\Lokale Einstellungen\Temp

however deleting that, didn't do anything. It's just there again after I reboot.

If anyone can please help me. This is really frustrating as I haven't got any problems with my pc before.

My PC:
    Windows XP SP3 German.

If you need more information, please ask.

Vashan

Use msconfig to deactivate autostart.
    Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
    Peace Through Power

Comment

there is no entry for demon tools there?

Comment

Please post screenshot of startup tab in msconfig.
        Peace Through Power

Comment

Comment

And the missing entry on the screenshot would be?
            Also try to disable all entries for testing purposes if it still starts. If no, then activate each step-by-step to check.
            If yes, try checking Services tab.
            Peace Through Power

Comment

okay i've now deactived everything. Except Kasperky IS which didn't deactivate, no matter what I did. Should I try deinstalling KIS or is that pointless?

Also i've shown you all start up programms - there aren't any more on the picture...

Anything left to check?

Comment

OK, not necessary for Kaspersky.
                Is something showing up in Services (Dienste) when all Microsoft services are hidden?
                Peace Through Power

Comment

No, there is nothing shown marked at all.

Okay, i tried to log into administrator - i hoped that perhaps another user account would work - but the daemon tools installer starts again.

Heres a screenshot of the temp folder with the Version of Daemon Tools. Perhaps that might be a problem...

Vashan

Comment

I searched Registry for some possible entries: Nothing.
                    MSconfig didn't help - deactivated any process, service that's isn't needed by Windows.

I made a bootlog - still nothing out of ordinary...

How can that damn installer copy itself into my Temp folder and start, without Autostart, a registry entry, a programm entry and without a driver.

Where does it hide?

There must be an entry somewhere.

Anything left to check?

Comment

okay I was able to solve this myself. i was looking in my Kaspersky Internet Security for suspicious programm acitivity and guess what: I found a very suspicious one. A programm that runs over 600x times and tries to change explorer.exe the programm was called Winscr.exe.
                      I found it in /Windows/system32/winscr.exe and I was able to delete it.

After that the installer doesn't start anymore - problem solved.

However, WHY IS THAT SO? and why the hell couldn't someone tell me that? It's your programm, damn it!

Vashan

Comment

How would we know what kind of malware you've on your system, and what kind of issues it'd cause?
                        Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
                        They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Well, just to iron out those cases, what about a dt cleaner tool? Like the antivirus/internet security packages which have additional tools to remove the software completely, including all maybe leftover registry strings and so on. I guess this would be nice and only the developers know where exactly the changes while setting up the software are made.

Bad english, I know. Was in a hurry.

cu

Comment

Originally Posted by Copytrooper View Post
                            How would we know what kind of malware you've on your system, and what kind of issues it'd cause?
                            Malware, that's starting DT.... Don't you think that's a bit odd?

I got the problem after I installed DT, so what's the malware?

The program DT was behaving like one - that may be the cause of a bug - I don't know about that.

Comment

Working...
                            X