Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SonicR.... yes, SonicR

Heya Folks,

I have the SonicR game, quite old. I would like to not have to insert the disk to play it however. This is where the problems start. I have ripped the disk to an ISO (there is no copy protection that I can tell).

I'll also note that the CD/DVD Drive needs to be 'D' as the game doesn't support drives with letter assignments after 'D'.

So, with the CD in, the game runs, music and everything. Fine.

With the ISO mounted as a 'D' drive (SCSI) there is no music (even though I can access the music through WMP, so the ISO seems to be fine.. the music is recorded as audio tracks on the disk). I tried the trial of DTPro incase the IDE emulation was the answer but still no music. If I stick the real disk in, music as normal.

Could anyone tell me the possible cause/cure?

Cheers,
    Jibber.

an ISO can't store more then one track also you can't an Audio CD save as an ISO file.
    Try to save the disc as MDS/MDF file! when the original disc is not protected and have audio tracks then try the audio cd profile

Comment

Originally Posted by Jibber View Post
      I'll also note that the CD/DVD Drive needs to be 'D' as the game doesn't support drives with letter assignments after 'D'.
      Don't believe everything written on dubious sites.
      Nevertheless, according to this you have to start in the optical drive with the lowest letter - and i guess your optical drive originally was D: There are also some other hints in that FAQ.

Perhaps the old Customer tool R34LR0M will make it also run in a virtual drive with higher letter - maybe even with music if you deactivate digital audio and/or use an v3 Daemon Tools version (in case you use XP).
      You can ask some official or sYk0 whether you can have it.

@moonie
      I don't think he made a cooked ISO, otherwise he couldn't play in WMP.
      Last edited by Terramex; 09.06.2009, 18:22.
      I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

Sorry I was being an idiot and getting confused between 2 images I made. I was getting the sound in WMP while using a cue/bin image. The ISO image did indeed have no audio.

Using the cue/bin image and ensuring the virtual drive (SCSI and IDE both) where I mounted the image was 'D' (or at least as you said the earlier letter for the 'primary drive', it worked.

So it's all good.

Thanks for your comments and help.

Jibber.

Comment

Working...
        X