Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You must reboot after previous operation

For starters I used the title thread.

Every time setup tells me to reboot to continue with installation, it comes back up saying the same thing.

I looked at regedit and found 14919ea49a8f3b4aa3cf10 58d9a64cec reappearing every time even though I deleted it.

I dl'd the SPTD installer, installed it, rebooted, and ran it again only for it to say now version of SPTD detected.

Also, I did the next step and found that the r0 did not exist in regedit. I'm sure the .exes have all the permissions but I dunno what to do next.

Delete SPTD service key in registry, reboot and retry.
    Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
    Peace Through Power

Comment

Where is it in registry?

Comment

Never mind I found the SPTD registry key but when I go to delete it, I get "Cannot delete sptd: Error while deleting key"

When Kaspersky asked me to whether to allow/deny the action it was path -> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\s ptd\Enum

I hit allow and I get the error above.

Comment

Okay I can't find the edit button, it'd make this so much easier. Anyways, when I manually went into registry and started deleting the keys myself, I could not delete sptd -> cfg -> default, saying "unable to delete all specified values".

Comment

You must disable SPTD first in order to delete the key, see this thread:
            Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
            They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

It's still not allowing me to delete the key.

Comment

You have to set owner and permissions first.
                Peace Through Power

Comment

Okay, I deleted that key. Blazkowicz what were you referring I retry after I rebooted? The Daemon Tools installer or the SPTD installer?

Comment

SPTD and DT.
                    Peace Through Power

Comment

I'm now getting "Failed to open service key" then after I hit OK it comes up again, then after hitting OK again it goes away. Then setup becomes non-responsive. Any ideas?

Comment

Oh, I forgot to add that I am positive that nothing is blocking registry access. I get the same error when i run both DT and SPTD installers.

Comment

So I messed around with it some more and got error code 5. Since I disabled Kaspersky and still got the error I booted into safe mode which did the trick and installed correctly. (:

Thanks for your help Blazkowicz and Copytrooper.

Comment

Working...
                          X