Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0150004)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0150004)

I apologize in advance if this topic is covered in a previous thread.

I recently downloaded Daemon Tools Lite and installed it on my laptop (laptop is 2 weeks old, running vista 32-bit home edition). Installation is successful, however upon opening Daemon Tools Lite, I receive an error message of the Type: "The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0150004). Click OK to terminate the application."

I've tried google-ing solutions, and after trying a few (running under administrator, disabling anti-virus), I'm still running into a brick wall. Can anyone suggest a solution to try? Thank you.

Me too

I'm having the exact same problem. After reinstalling Windows XP on a new HD I can no longer get DEAMON Tools to work, neither Lite or Pro trial. Installation seems to go fine, but trying to run it always gives "The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0150004)". Trying to uninstall gives the error "Could not validate installation". Nothing I have tried makes any difference. Any ideas?

Comment

Try installing http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en
      Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
      Peace Through Power

Comment

Sorry, still the same error. However, now at least I can uninstall it properly, so something is definitely less broken!

Please let me know if there is any additional information I can give you that would help. As I said, XP SP3. A new installation with old files and settings imported with the wizard. All security patches installed.

Comment

You may try all C++ packages over at download.microsoft.com if it helps.
          Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
          Peace Through Power

Comment

hmm that error code seems to be a windows update error code, maybe you need to reboot to apply patches?, c0150004 is definately an error i've not seen, and it won't even resolve to an error code either..
            my views are 100% personal views..

Comment

Working...
            X