Can not run daemon.exe (DAEMON Tools Lite) after install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can not run daemon.exe (DAEMON Tools Lite) after install

After installing DAEMON Tools Lite I get an error everytime I try to run daemon.exe. I use this fantastic product all of the time and this has never happened before. I have been using for more than a year now. I have done reinstalls before with no problem.

The response window error I am getting after loading daemon.exe is:
    'The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000103). Click OK to terminate the application'.

The actual size of daemon.exe is 676 KB. I am not sure that is the correct size. I would guess it is.

The install exe is daemon4304-lite.

Some other weird stuff that I see:
    • After installing I do not see DAEMON Tools Lite in the 'Control Panal/Add or Remove Programs'.
    • The only thing I see is DAEMON Tools Bar which in the install I told it not to install it.
    • I have to run the uninst.exe to uninstall the product.

Maybe the registry is messed up for this product. Is there any suggestion to correct.

Maybe I should try to install to a diffrent directory?

Thanks in Advance...

Hey Ich,

I'm having the same problem with Daemon Tools Lite. After installation, I get an application error similar to yours whenever I run daemon.exe, except my error code is (0cx01500004). If you manage to find a solution to your problem, please post here incase it works for me too. Thanks.

Comment

Can not run daemon.exe (DAEMON Tools Lite) after install

I sure will post a fix but I have not had time to look at the windows registry yet.

If we are having the same problem I confident that there are a lot of others who are having this problem. Maybe they just dump this tool and look elsewhere for a product tool that is free.

This is definitly a product problem. I'm Wondering if any product developers or support people look at the posts in their forum??

I really like this product but why would I consider buying their full version If I see no support here?

Comment

I have that as well i really need it to work

Comment

Please describe your problem more detailed. Do you see DAEMON Tools folder in Start/Programs after installation?

Comment

0xc0000103 = NT_STATUS_NOT_A_DIRECTORY

can also seem to be related to the user account... did you install it as an admin (right click -> run as admin on the installer) and then run it (first time) as an admin too (same step as the installer) ?
            my views are 100% personal views..

Comment

Working...
            X