• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• booting problem *sign*

Operating System: windownt 2000 pro
    Burning Software: easy creater 4/clone cd
    Anti-virus Software:none
    DAEMON Tools Version: 3.43

ok i cant seem to start up windows anymore. it just loads up to the box, not even the log in box. it said applying security poilcy @ bottom left of the box then it restarts again. the problem i thing is that. i shutdown windows with daemon tools' decives set to 1.

i was able to install windownt 2000 pro on my comp again. there is like two verison on my comp right now but the working version needs all the window updates and installation of software. i want to fix the broken one

i'm just wondering is there any way in fixing this? mayb detele that window setting? or do i have to like delete easy creater? i try going into safe mode but same result. it keeps on restarting

thank you

ok i read so forum posts. do i sent u guys all the minidump files? in windows foler or winnt folder? i have like two version of windows nt 2000 pro on my comp. i dont even know which version is using which

i try save mode but same result, its like a reboot loop. starts, shutsdown, starts, etc

thank you for your time

Comment

i can log on to safe mode not but how do i fix it

Comment

If you boot into safe mode press ESC when the message appears to abort loading of bus-driver, then un-install Daemon Tools - if it fails, check thread about error 25002 in common problems and solutions forum.
        Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
        They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

yay! my comp can start how. thanks a lot copytrooper ^^

now to intall the new daemon and to delete the other win2k i installed.

got any ideas how uninstall windows rightly?

Comment

BSOD when booting

Operating System: WinXP SP1
            Burning Software: EasyCD 5.0, Nero Express
            Anti-virus Software: N/A
            DAEMON Tools Version: 3.44

I believe I'm seeing the same problem.

I'm getting a BSOD on bootup with v3.44. The BSOD states the file is cdr4_2k.sys addr F7920736 base F791f000.

To solve the problem I have to boot to safe mode, launch DTools manually, and disable all virtual drives.

I can e-mail/post the minidump if needed (give me an e-mail addr or point me to instructions on how to upload a file for this forum).

Tim

Comment

cdr4_2k.sys is the problem, as bsod states. It is crappy/buggy roxio driver. Remove it from C:\windows\system32 or check www.roxio.com for an update.

Comment

Or wait next DAEMON TOOLS release ...

Olivier

Comment

Thanks! Removing Roxio did solve the problem... I didn't realize that Cdr4_2k.sys was their file. I don't use Roxio anyway so I was happy to see it go. Nero seems to be the tool of choice these days.

Tim

Comment

Working...
                  X