Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Monitor not working after installation of DT lite.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monitor not working after installation of DT lite.

Hello,
    I have searched the forums and read all the topics related to this problem, but all the fixes assume that I can see my screen.

Upon installing DT lite and rebooting my monitor is no longer getting a signal. This is a brand new computer.
    I am using xp home. I can't post any sort of report because I can't see anything on the screen.

I can't get into safemode because the monitor doesn't turn on.
    Inserting the windows cd doesn't help either.

I have both an onboard graphics card and a pci-e card, and both don't show a picture. I am connected by HDMI.

You don't get a signal at all or only when Windows should boot up?
    Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
    Peace Through Power

Comment

My monitor doesn't get a signal at all.
      It worked up until the moment I clicked reboot when DT lite asked me to.
      The monitor works, I tried it on my xbox also through the hdmi connection.
      I don't even see the motherboard BIOS screen come up. It just reads no hdmi signal.
      I also tried connecting through the standard i/o cable and still nothing.

Windows works fine, the startup sound happens and it appears to load everything but the monitor.

Comment

Seems there is a problem with your VGA then, Daemon Tools works within Windows only, thus if you don't see the BIOS screen, it is not caused by Daemon Tools.
        Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
        They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Originally Posted by Copytrooper View Post
          Seems there is a problem with your VGA then, Daemon Tools works within Windows only, thus if you don't see the BIOS screen, it is not caused by Daemon Tools.
          My monitor works. I tested it on my xbox.
          The monitor has had no problems whatsoever in the months that I have owned it, until I clicked reboot through DT lite. It is the only thing that changed on the computer since the last reboot.

Comment

I've no doubt the monitor is ok, I said there seems to be a problem with your VGA. Do you use some on-board graphics?

Comment

Quotes

Originally Posted by Brekelefuw View Post
              I have both an onboard graphics card and a pci-e card, and both don't show a picture. I am connected by HDMI.
              Originally Posted by Copytrooper View Post
              I've no doubt the monitor is ok, I said there seems to be a problem with your VGA. Do you use some on-board graphics?
              Added this text because my message was too short...

Comment

I shouldn't do too many things at the same time.
                Tried a CMOS/NVRAM reset yet?

Comment

Well, you said, you tried both graphic cards (onboard and additional one). Did you remove the additional graphic card before trying the onboard unit?

I guess your graphic card has been screwed up as long as the systems boots fine... And your monitor is still working as you say. So I think your graphic card gives no signal, but as long as the graphic card is placed in its slot, the system uses it preferred, so the onboard unit will be ignored. So both graphic cards give no signal.
                  Remove your additional card and try then the onboard unit. I guess it will work.

Comment

Working...
                  X