PDA

View Full Version : Securom 7.40.xxx Blacklisted on some HW configs

Niko76
25.06.2009, 17:35
Hi guys.

I've decided to open this thread regarding those (like me) having problems in running securom 7.40 cloned images (like ARMA2 for example).

I've spent 2 days for running arma2 and overlord II unsuccessfully. I also formatted my PC several times installing minimum requirements for playing a game.
Any other securom game (like Prototype, X-Men Wolverine, Terminator Salvation, Damnation and so on) perfectly works from vscsi or vide with and without yasu or DTE, while 7.40.xxx version don't.
I tried everything, upgrading chipset drivers, removing physical devices, cleaning registry entries, any possible trick or workaround.
I think Daemon Tools are blacklisted on some HW configurations.
I have X38 chipset, raid system, Vista X64 SP2 (even with SP1 no success at all).

If other users have similar issues please post on this thread. I hope DEV team will do something for us. :(

Reef
25.06.2009, 21:17
I hope DEV team will do something for us. :(
I hope the blacklists will be fixed in a new DT, so we no longer need to use third party anti-blacklist tools.

Niko76
25.06.2009, 22:56
I think that if removing blacklists was so easy to do inside dt pro core, dev team would have done this for a long time. DTE and Yasu have been written for this purpose.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure securom 7.40 has some strange blacklist on some configurations (all friends of mine having X38/X48 chipsets can't play 7.40 securom cloned images), so I'm not alone. :(

moonie
26.06.2009, 08:30
Anyway, I'm pretty sure securom 7.40 has some strange blacklist on some configurations

not so strange like a Protect disc game! there is no change to run this....

lasershock
26.06.2009, 11:30
Securom 7.40 on DT lite v4.30.4 + YASU 1.6.9040 and P45 with Win7 7201 doesn't work here.

Niko76
26.06.2009, 17:57
I finally found a way for playing.

You have to burn mds/mdf image with Alcohol (RMPS copy) on a dual layer disc. Doing this it will work (even with 1.02 patch). :D

Halt_mich
30.06.2009, 19:02
Niko76

Could you please describe in more detail how have you managed to get ArmA 2 working?
I mean, what image did you have, which version of Alcohol, which options while burning etc.

Andrucio
30.06.2009, 20:12
Nico,I'll better buy the original "Arma" disc instead of burning a dual layer disc (it's still expensive)

(I have P35, Win XP x64, SP2 and Arma2 doesn't work)

Terramex
30.06.2009, 20:17
@Halt_mich
What image do you have ?

RedScorpion
30.06.2009, 21:47
I suffer from the problem and this is my HW Conf.:

Puni's DAILY: Asus A8N32-SLI +
Toledo 939 4200X2 @266*11=2933Mhz STOCK VOLTAGE +
EVGA 8800GTX @621/1566/1900Mhz STOCK COOLER +
2GB of DDR1@SYNC 266Mhz 3-3-3-8 @2,75V or 4GB of DDR1@ASYNC 210Mhz 2,5-3-3-7 @2,8V on
Vista64 SP2

Halt_mich
01.07.2009, 09:55
What image do you have ?

Still none, but when I get one I would like to make a backup and surely no original disk spinning in drive.

Niko76
01.07.2009, 11:04
Niko76

Could you please describe in more detail how have you managed to get ArmA 2 working?
I mean, what image did you have, which version of Alcohol, which options while burning etc.

I've original game disc, of course. As I don't like Alcohol, and being a customer dt pro user, I always prefer to use DT PRO instead of Alcohol. But for Securom 7.40.xxx version, I had to create image again with last Alcohol version and burn it on a dual layer disc with RMPS option. That's all.
Anyway, I don't want and I don't like to talk about another software in daemon tools forum. I have respect of dev team and I'm pretty sure, they will hardly work to fix also this securom issue, maybe with third part tools like Yasu.
We must have patience and faith. ;)

Niko76
01.07.2009, 11:07
Nico,I'll better buy the original "Arma" disc instead of burning a dual layer disc (it's still expensive)

(I have P35, Win XP x64, SP2 and Arma2 doesn't work)

You're free to do what you want, of course, but I don't think a dual layer dvd is still expensive, like you said, because at least you should pay 2 for a dual layer media (the expensive one) and it's not so difficult find other brand DL media at lower price.

Terramex
01.07.2009, 12:35
Still Andrucio first has to buy it - regardless of the cost of DL DVDs !

rockmanxy
01.07.2009, 16:41
I hope the blacklists will be fixed in a new DT, so we no longer need to use third party anti-blacklist tools.

Agree.
YASU is still buggly.
More we non-customer can only access new YASU when Alcohol updates:(.
So I'd rather wait for a DT update.

Andrucio
01.07.2009, 20:19
If a main idea using DT is plaing the game witouth disk (because of scratching disk,etc.).... of course I agree.
But I don't think that I'll play it so long.
If another..... it also has a "right for life":))

MvdL79
03.07.2009, 09:35
I paid 122,90 EUR for a 5 year license, however I cannot get a single game started with the latest Deamon Tools & Y.A.S.U.

Two examples:

1. Virtua Tennis 2009
2. Fuel

I feel a bit ripped off now. Understandable?

moonie
03.07.2009, 16:14
which error message you have when you try to start the game?
HOW you create the image file?
can you play with the original disc?

kami
05.07.2009, 09:22
hey niko, i read this thread n followed ur suggestion, though i know you wouldn't like to talk about other software in the forum, but just a quick question if you don't mind, so i just burn the image with RMPS option enabled then just run it with physical drive n it should work?

Terramex
05.07.2009, 14:32
...so i just burn the image with RMPS option enabled...+ you have to activate the RMPS emulation in Alcohol's or DAEMON Tools' options before loading the RMPS-DVD in the drive.

...then just run it with physical drive n it should work?At least there is no blacklisting of RMPS emulation, but still such copy can fail
as some drives "like" to start such copies better than others.
Also it's a good idea to use a MDS file verified working, e.g. this one (http://space.wismar-wacken.com/thomas/DPM/Armed%20Assault%202/ARMA2.mds).

Back on topic
@All getting the "conflict with emulation software" error when using YASU - regardless of OS & chipset:
There are no workarounds or special hints to make it work.
You have to wait for an updated version of YASU or DAEMON Tools.

A.Hecka
05.07.2009, 22:21
You have to wait for an updated version of YASU or DAEMON Tools.

Well, better just say new YASU or DTE releases as DT itself does nothing against blacklists in the last versions.

HateDread
13.07.2009, 07:34
Sorry if I dug up an old thread...

I am getting the same errors as these guys, and I was wondering if anyone has come closer to a solution? A new YASU, DTL, etc? New method, even?

Cheers.

hackzero
13.07.2009, 12:30
I'm running XP x86 and have a P965 using onboard RAID10 and one Plextor SATA Drive. My workaround to "Conflict with Disc Emulator Software detected" is the following:

First of all, I'am not using yasu or any other anti-blacklisting tool. Just Daemon Tools Lite.

I perform the following two registry operations to avoid blacklisting:

1. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\DEVICEMAP\Scsi\Scsi Port 1 <- deny read or full access for administrators. (It's the Daemon Tools SCSI-Adapter)

2. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\Cdrom\Enum <- decrease "Count"-Value from 2 to 1.

After those two steps I can play every Securom game with a mounted Backup except ArmA2 and FUEL.

But however I found out that after some reboots, both games start just fine. It's kind of random. I reboot my machine, perform both steps described above and try to start the game. Mostly I get the error, but after ~5 reboots the game starts and will do every time until I reboot again.

I don't know why but, its the same for ArmA2 and FUEL. If I reboot often enough, both games work.

I noticed excactly the same behavior running XP in VMWare and using Daemon Tools.

The only thing that obviously changes every reboot is the random SCSI-Adapter name. At the moment it's AW3SP2X8 and the games are running fine. Maybe those names are somehow blacklisted with a formula.

so long,
hackzero

HateDread
13.07.2009, 13:21
2. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\Cdrom\Enum <- decrease "Count"-Value from 2 to 1.

so long,
hackzero

Thanks so far.

At that stage, I look at my "Count" value, and it is at 7. I am running Win XP 32 bit, SP2. Ideas? What do I change it to?

Cheers.

HateDread
13.07.2009, 14:53
EDIT: Couldn't find an edit button.

Ok, so I realise that number is dependant on the number of virtual drives I have. I turned off my MagicISO and PowerISO drives, leaving only 1 - my Daemon Tools virtual drive.

I am still getting the "Conflict with emulation software detected' message.

Help?

Cheers.

Terramex
13.07.2009, 15:26
@HateDread
There is no "new" method or workaround.
Just be patient and wait for an updated YASU or the new ◙men.

HateDread
13.07.2009, 15:38
@HateDread
There is no "new" method or workaround.

Yeah, that was my original plan.

It's just, hackzero gave me new hope, with a new lead.

Sorry if I bugged/plagued you guys - I was just excited (:

Keep up the good work, and good luck with YASU/◙men.

Terramex
13.07.2009, 16:23
Sorry if I bugged/plagued you guys...
Of course you didn't :)

A.Hecka
14.07.2009, 20:43

What about making a sticky out of this, headlining "SecuRom Vx.xxx.xx - Solutions here"

And then list the ways to cheat the different versions.
Maybe there will be less hours wasted for those who are looking for solutions - and a couple of the allmighty "when itґs done" answers can be reduced to a minimum maybe.

TheMash
18.07.2009, 06:16
I'm running XP x86 and have a P965 using onboard RAID10 and one Plextor SATA Drive. My workaround to "Conflict with Disc Emulator Software detected" is the following:

First of all, I'am not using yasu or any other anti-blacklisting tool. Just Daemon Tools Lite.

I perform the following two registry operations to avoid blacklisting:

1. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\DEVICEMAP\Scsi\Scsi Port 1 <- deny read or full access for administrators. (It's the Daemon Tools SCSI-Adapter)

After those two steps I can play every Securom game with a mounted Backup except ArmA2 and FUEL.

But however I found out that after some reboots, both games start just fine. It's kind of random. I reboot my machine, perform both steps described above and try to start the game. Mostly I get the error, but after ~5 reboots the game starts and will do every time until I reboot again.

I don't know why but, its the same for ArmA2 and FUEL. If I reboot often enough, both games work.

I noticed excactly the same behavior running XP in VMWare and using Daemon Tools.

The only thing that obviously changes every reboot is the random SCSI-Adapter name. At the moment it's AW3SP2X8 and the games are running fine. Maybe those names are somehow blacklisted with a formula.

so long,
hackzero

Hello everybody, this is my first message on DT forums :-)
I can give my contribution to the discussion :D
I followed the standard instructions to get ArmaII to work (using YASU and DT) but it didnt work.
So I tried your suggestions and finally i got ArmaII to start!
Thank you!

Nice job ;)

HateDread
19.07.2009, 06:29
Hello everybody, this is my first message on DT forums :-)
I can give my contribution to the discussion :D
I followed the standard instructions to get ArmaII to work (using YASU and DT) but it didnt work.
So I tried your suggestions and finally i got ArmaII to start!
Thank you!

Nice job ;)

Can you please list everything you did, and your current setup? I tried his method, and it did not work.

Cheers.

smack
02.08.2009, 10:33
This method did not work for me either. I am using Vista x64 and the Scsi ports are a little different from what was described.

talrusher
10.09.2009, 18:38
ive noticed that if you have the matrix storrage driver on intel boards installed, securom games with yasu wont run. you have simply to uninstall the matrix drivers and only install the intel inf drivers to run securom games with yasu and dt.

i have windows 7 retail on my rig so
dont know what a kind of problem this is with the matrix storrage drivers.

maybe someone try my solution and post the results here.

sry for my bad english.

howardb
15.09.2009, 19:13
How do I check if I got the matrix driver installed? I got Win 7 x64 and I have the same problems.