Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Securom 7.40.xxx Blacklisted on some HW configs

Hi guys.

I've decided to open this thread regarding those (like me) having problems in running securom 7.40 cloned images (like ARMA2 for example).

I've spent 2 days for running arma2 and overlord II unsuccessfully. I also formatted my PC several times installing minimum requirements for playing a game.
    Any other securom game (like Prototype, X-Men Wolverine, Terminator Salvation, Damnation and so on) perfectly works from vscsi or vide with and without yasu or DTE, while 7.40.xxx version don't.
    I tried everything, upgrading chipset drivers, removing physical devices, cleaning registry entries, any possible trick or workaround.
    I think Daemon Tools are blacklisted on some HW configurations.
    I have X38 chipset, raid system, Vista X64 SP2 (even with SP1 no success at all).

If other users have similar issues please post on this thread. I hope DEV team will do something for us.

Originally Posted by Niko76 View Post
    I hope DEV team will do something for us.
    I hope the blacklists will be fixed in a new DT, so we no longer need to use third party anti-blacklist tools.

Comment

I think that if removing blacklists was so easy to do inside dt pro core, dev team would have done this for a long time. DTE and Yasu have been written for this purpose.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure securom 7.40 has some strange blacklist on some configurations (all friends of mine having X38/X48 chipsets can't play 7.40 securom cloned images), so I'm not alone.

Comment

Originally Posted by Niko76 View Post
        Anyway, I'm pretty sure securom 7.40 has some strange blacklist on some configurations
        not so strange like a Protect disc game! there is no change to run this....
        Last edited by Blazkowicz; 26.06.2009, 19:01.

Comment

Securom 7.40 on DT lite v4.30.4 + YASU 1.6.9040 and P45 with Win7 7201 doesn't work here.

Comment

I finally found a way for playing.

You have to burn mds/mdf image with Alcohol (RMPS copy) on a dual layer disc. Doing this it will work (even with 1.02 patch).

Comment

Niko76

Could you please describe in more detail how have you managed to get ArmA 2 working?
              I mean, what image did you have, which version of Alcohol, which options while burning etc.

Comment

Nico,I'll better buy the original "Arma" disc instead of burning a dual layer disc (it's still expensive)

(I have P35, Win XP x64, SP2 and Arma2 doesn't work)

Comment

@Halt_mich
                  What image do you have ?
                  I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

I suffer from the problem and this is my HW Conf.:

Puni's DAILY: Asus A8N32-SLI +
                    Toledo 939 4200X2 @266*11=2933Mhz STOCK VOLTAGE +
                    EVGA 8800GTX @621/1566/1900Mhz STOCK COOLER +
                    2GB of DDR1@SYNC 266Mhz 3-3-3-8 @2,75V or 4GB of DDR1@ASYNC 210Mhz 2,5-3-3-7 @2,8V on
                    Vista64 SP2

Comment

Originally Posted by Terramex View Post
                      What image do you have ?
                      Still none, but when I get one I would like to make a backup and surely no original disk spinning in drive.

Comment

Originally Posted by Halt_mich View Post
                        Niko76

Could you please describe in more detail how have you managed to get ArmA 2 working?
                        I mean, what image did you have, which version of Alcohol, which options while burning etc.
                        I've original game disc, of course. As I don't like Alcohol, and being a customer dt pro user, I always prefer to use DT PRO instead of Alcohol. But for Securom 7.40.xxx version, I had to create image again with last Alcohol version and burn it on a dual layer disc with RMPS option. That's all.
                        Anyway, I don't want and I don't like to talk about another software in daemon tools forum. I have respect of dev team and I'm pretty sure, they will hardly work to fix also this securom issue, maybe with third part tools like Yasu.
                        We must have patience and faith.

Comment

Originally Posted by Andrucio View Post
                          Nico,I'll better buy the original "Arma" disc instead of burning a dual layer disc (it's still expensive)

(I have P35, Win XP x64, SP2 and Arma2 doesn't work)
                          You're free to do what you want, of course, but I don't think a dual layer dvd is still expensive, like you said, because at least you should pay 2 for a dual layer media (the expensive one) and it's not so difficult find other brand DL media at lower price.

Comment

Still Andrucio first has to buy it - regardless of the cost of DL DVDs !
                            I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

Originally Posted by Reef View Post
                              I hope the blacklists will be fixed in a new DT, so we no longer need to use third party anti-blacklist tools.
                              Agree.
                              YASU is still buggly.
                              More we non-customer can only access new YASU when Alcohol updates.
                              So I'd rather wait for a DT update.

Comment

Working...
                              X