• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Autoplay question

Operating System: WinXP
    Burning Software: Nero Express
    Anti-virus Software: N/A
    DAEMON Tools Version: 3.44

I've got a question regarding Autoplay. I would like DVD images mounted with DTools to automatically launch my chosen media player.

I'm using ZoomPlayer as my media player and it has a config option to set what gets launched when a DVD is Inserted (Options/DVD Tools/DVD Auto-Insert Program). Additionally you can goto properties of a drive / AutoPlay, and select the action when a DVD is inserted (Are these two interfaces to the same functionality?) Where I run into problems is with DVD's that actually have an Autoplay file with some hoaky free DVD viewer, which I do not want to run. Is there a way to get your media player to run when a DVD is mounted but NOT autoplay?

Is 'AutoPlay' and 'AutoInsert Notification' two distinct features in Windows? I see an 'AutoMount' option in DTools which doesn't seem to be documented. What does this do? Also, I find that dialog for setting device params for a virtual drive has an 'Auto Insert Notification' checkbox which is disabled for me... why is this disabled and what does this do (this also isn't mentioned in the DTools help)?

Thanks,

Tim
Working...
X