ArmA II working under Vista x64, not XP x86

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ArmA II working under Vista x64, not XP x86

OK a strange thing, that ArmA II works flawlessly using Vista x64 + Deamon Tools 4.30.3 + latest Yasu, but it doesn't work under XP with the same config. I have both OS'es in a dual boot configuration.
    I really want it to run under XP, as apparently the performance is much better (saw some benchmarks). Unfortunately, I get the error Conflict with Emulation Software, cloaked or uncloaked, under XP.
    Under Vista however, the game checks the mini-image and simply starts. Why does this happen? What to do about it?

Only thing you can try is to use the standard Windows IDE/SATA drivers in XP.
    If that doesn't work you have to wait for an updated YASU (or the new men).
    I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

I think I use the standard drivers in both OS'es. Anyway, I think I can live with Vista again, after renaming ArmA2.exe to crysis64.exe, which make the game run at double the framerate under vista! So now it's nice and smooth, with only a rename :X. Still eager to test it under XP though.

Comment

Originally Posted by TheVirus View Post
        I think I use the standard drivers in both OS'es. Anyway, I think I can live with Vista again, after renaming ArmA2.exe to crysis64.exe, which make the game run at double the framerate under vista! So now it's nice and smooth, with only a rename :X. Still eager to test it under XP though.
        ATI or NVIDIA user mate? Is it the same renaming to Crysis.exe (ArmaII is 32Bit).

Comment

Dt 4.30.03 + Yasu 1.68 won't run arma

Even with Newest Daemon tools pro and the newest Yasu i could find (1.68) I can't get past securom.

Comment

Help

"ArmA II works flawlessly using Vista x64 + Deamon Tools 4.30.3 + latest Yasu"

Running Vista 64 SP1

Running Daemon Tools Pro Advanced 4.40.0305.0077

Running Yasu 1.6.9040

ERROR ON ARMA: "Conflict with emulation software detected"

Any ideas on what im missing like RUN AS ADMIN... etc I would hope its not because i have a newer version of Daemon...

Comment

It's due to blacklist on some HW configurations. You have to wait for a new dt pro/lite version or updated yasu.

Comment

Originally Posted by TheVirus View Post
                OK a strange thing, that ArmA II works flawlessly using Vista x64 + Deamon Tools 4.30.3 + latest Yasu...
                Can I ask if you use anything special to get this to work? Keeps seeing mine in vista.

00:07:14 Y.A.S.U v1.6.9040 started...!
                00:07:14 DAEMON Tools Lite v4.30.4.27
                00:07:14 Windows Vista (TM) Ultimate v6.0 (Build 6001: Service Pack 1)
                00:07:14 Locale: English (United States)
                00:07:14 Detected 3 optical device(s), 2 physical & 1 virtual device(s)

00:07:21 * Cloaking procedure started.
                00:07:21 1 device(s) successfully cloaked from SafeDisc 4.xx:
                00:07:21 [ F:\ ] Status = Ignored (does not require updating)
                00:07:21 [ I:\ ] Status = Successful
                00:07:21 [ G:\ ] Status = Ignored (does not require updating)
                00:07:21 1 device(s) successfully cloaked from SecuROM 7.xx:
                00:07:21 [ F:\ ] Status = Ignored (does not require updating)
                00:07:21 [ I:\ ] Status = Successful
                00:07:21 [ G:\ ] Status = Ignored (does not require updating)
                00:07:21 * Cloaking procedure completed.

Comment

I get the "Conflict with Emulation Software" too. Running last DT Pro and DTE/Yasu.

So we need a cloaker that works with circumvents latest Securom version on ARMA2 and others like you guys are saying. So now we wait while the big crackers work.

Comment

I've got that problem too.
                    But i'm kinda new to YASU,
                    so could i get some help?
                    Ive got vista 32bit too,
                    I mount Arma2, then i run Yasu(v1.6.9040), located in my daemon tools lite(4.30.4.0027) folder, and press on 'cloak'
                    and then it says: cloaking procedure completed,
                    so i run arma 2, but get this error:
                    (translated from dutch to english): put in the original CD/DVD instead of the backup(1000)
                    then they give a site:SecuROM and thats it..

please someone help me!

Comment

How did you create your image?
                      Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
                      Peace Through Power

Comment

Working...
                      X