What exactly does DT do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What exactly does DT do?

I've used Daemon Tools, and it works fine. I can use Bin/Cue files by "mounting" them with DT. But what actually does DT do? How does it interpret the file on the hard drive so that it's readable?

I'm sure this is covered somewhere, so if you could direct me to the explanation, I would be grateful.

Dtools emulates real cdrom/dvdrom. Check "my computer" and you will see dtools virtual drive, with mounted image.

Comment

I know it does that. I was wondering what it did in order to get that result. How does DT change a big iso file into something Windows Explorer can look into?

Comment

If mimics low level op codes of real cdrom via a kernel driver. So windows thinks it is real cdrom. ISO is simply an image of real cdrom disc, so dtools just uses this instead of real media. If you want technical details of cdrom operation, look at mmc specs at www.t10.org.

Comment

why does Deamon Tools always emulate a SCSI CD-ROM? Why can't it also emulate an ATAPI CD-ROM? Does this have technical reasons?

Comment

Working...
          X