games freeze during installation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• games freeze during installation

Well, ive got a really annoying problem. Im trying to install and image of empire total war, there is nothing wrong with the image because its also happened with another game.

I mount the image using daemon tools pro, and during the installation it just freezes my comp..i cant move the mouse or anything. So im forced to restart the computer. I cant get to the bottom of it.

Do you have a GigaByte mainboard?
    DT and OS version?
    Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
    Peace Through Power

Comment

i have windows service pack 3 - home edition.

and ye i have a gigabyte motherboard.

not sure what DT means

Comment

DT = DAEMON Tools

Try to close Gigabyte Energy Saver and disable "GEST Service for program management" service.
        Peace Through Power

Comment

looking in task manager cant find any of the above..and looked in services in control panel. Not there either.

When looking in program files i do have a folder for gigabyte.. in the is something called "Easy Saver" but thats it

Comment

Lookup shortcut description of that Easy Saver and check if that exe is also executed in task manager and close it.

Also try to run msconfig -> Services -> Hide All Microsoft Services -> Check for any Gigabyte Service -> Uncheck -> Startup -> Check for that Easy Saver and also uncheck it -> Reboot and try if issue is gone.
            Peace Through Power

Comment

Worked for me! Many Thanks! <33

Comment

Working...
              X