Need help cannot reinstall or unintall Daemon tool lite

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help cannot reinstall or unintall Daemon tool lite

actually I just install it and mount a image. But after I doing the game installing it need disc 2 so I insert dics 2 but I didnt Eject the pervious disc and create new drive and trying to mount it. The daemon tool program hang and I end task it. I didnt know just end task will crash the whole program even after restart. Here is the problem I facing when this program crash.

I cannot install nor uninstall.
    I cannot open Daemon too.
    What can I do? Anyway that can delete all the spoil file or error stuff without pressing uninstall? Hope I can reinstall it quick.

really anyone can help here. I really want to delete Daemon tools software completely from my PC. Every time I go window it always show Daemon tool error so head pain.

Comment

1 more thing i need to ADD: EVEN I DELETE THE FOLDER I CANNOT REINSTALL. THE letter 1 still appear at every daemon tool installer and same error is out

Comment

You wish to remove DT?
        For this purpose it is necessary to make the following:
        1) To load Win in Safe mode:
        When loading Windows press F5
        Choose Safe mode
        2) Closely watch process of loading!
        When there will be an inscription about loading SPTD.sys press ESC to NOT load it
        3) Further simply remove DT as usually it is done
        4) do not reload a computer
        Remove driver SPTD (visit a site DuplexSecure)
        This driver should not be deleted if you have its programs using

My post is translated by program X-Translator

Comment

One more thing to add to my post:

After I deleted the whole folder of daemon tool. The uninstall is'nt working plus I still cannot install with the install setup. So the problem is still there even I try to delete the folder. Does it means some other program then daemon tool is corrupted?

Comment

1)
            Locate and delete the folder where DAEMON Tools was installed

2)a)
            If you had an older version than DAEMON Tools 4.06 installed, go to \System32\Drivers (usually located in C:\Windows) and delete dtscsi.sys

2)b)
            DAEMON Tools v4 uses the SPTD (SCSI Pass Through Direct) driver by Duplex Secure. This driver is not uninstalled with DAEMON Tools Lite. To remove SPTD, simply download SPTD setup file "http://www.duplexsecure.com/./download/SPTDinst-v159-x86.exe" for Windows 2000/XP/2003/Vista (32-bit) and execute it.In dialog that appears press "Uninstall" button and then SPTD will remove itself from your Windows installation.

3)
            Clearing of the register:
            press Win+R and type "regedit", press OK

delete HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\DT Soft
            delete HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\DT Soft
            delete HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\sptd
            and delete C:\WINDOWS\System32\Drivers\sptd.sys

Comment

Originally Posted by qajokenim View Post
              You wish to remove DT?
              For this purpose it is necessary to make the following:
              1) To load Win in Safe mode:
              When loading Windows press F5
              Choose Safe mode
              2) Closely watch process of loading!
              When there will be an inscription about loading SPTD.sys press ESC to NOT load it
              3) Further simply remove DT as usually it is done
              4) do not reload a computer
              Remove driver SPTD (visit a site DuplexSecure)
              This driver should not be deleted if you have its programs using

My post is translated by program X-Translator
              when start pc I press f5 go safe mode and wait for inscription about loading SPTD.sys and I press ESC

when I in safemode window, btw I don have system restoration don know will affect or not. I try uninstall same problem as screenshot again no changes. I think this problem is even bigger error.

Comment

1)
                Locate and delete the folder where DAEMON Tools was installed

2)a)
                If you had an older version than DAEMON Tools 4.06 installed, go to \System32\Drivers (usually located in C:\Windows) and delete dtscsi.sys

2)b)
                DAEMON Tools v4 uses the SPTD (SCSI Pass Through Direct) driver by Duplex Secure. This driver is not uninstalled with DAEMON Tools Lite. To remove SPTD, simply download SPTD setup file "http://www.duplexsecure.com/./download/SPTDinst-v159-x86.exe" for Windows 2000/XP/2003/Vista (32-bit) and execute it.In dialog that appears press "Uninstall" button and then SPTD will remove itself from your Windows installation.

3)
                Clearing of the register:
                press Win+R and type "regedit", press OK

delete HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\sptd
                and delete C:\WINDOWS\System32\Drivers\sptd.sys
                Thanks alot for the guide.
                This steps is good.
                But I still have the last problem
                at part 2 I choose B to uninstall with that SPTDinst-v159-x86.exe and reboot. and haven install yet.
                and when I reach part 3 I only unable to delete
                HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\sptd. When I try to delete it and Error Deleting Key pop out. Message "(X) cannot delete sptd: Error while deleting key."

I cannot find sptd.sys in C:\WINDOWS\System32\Drivers\sptd.sys

after all this I try the install setup but still the same as the picture that I post that have a number 1 and same error.

Comment

If you can that be to write at this forum the problem not greater means.
                  If when you start each time Windows there is a mistake means DT is in working order.
                  Whether you can see icon DT in tray (near to hours)?
                  Try to unmount simply an image of a disk (.mds file) or to remove all DT drives in general.
                  Look screenshot
                  Try to make as on a screenshot (Set number of devices...Disable)

Comment

If when you start each time Windows there is a mistake means DT is in working order.
                    Try to unmount simply an image of a disk (.mds file) or to remove all DT drives in general.
                    Look screenshot
                    The daemon tool by right should be gone.
                    Because of the error engine loading was fail. I don see icon DT in tray too. I not able to unmount anything from the virtual drive.

Since I follow ur steps in here
                    delete daemon tool all folder in C:/

I assume I have already deleted Daemon tool completely.
                    And I don have any more error when login to window.
                    But I have problem is INSTALLING the daemon tool back lol.
                    Because [img]http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/8600/bugqkn.jpg[img] this error (1) error code 256.

As my best knowledge that I think problem have solve:
                    Deleted Daemon toolbar
                    Deleted Daemon Tool Pro/Lite

Problem having :
                    Reinstallation

Comment

Look screenshot
                      image not working maybe u can upload by imageshack at ImageShack® - Image Hosting

Comment

Working...
                      X