No announcement yet.

BF:V and UT2004? Ok with Daemon Tools.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BF:V and UT2004? Ok with Daemon Tools.

Can the latest version of Daemon Tools 3.44 mount BattleField:V and UT2004 OK?

I haven't got these games yet, but I want to get ready before my pre-orders are filled.

Kudos in advance.

i've just received my copies of ut2k4, used clone cd to make an image of a "protected game cd" and sure enough, when its mounted w/ daemon tools and the ut2k4.exe is run, it pops up a message saying that emulation software was detected, go to http://www.securerom.com/emulation for details, it wont run, for now i am using the cd in all the drives until there is a fix

Comment

There won't be a fix to get CloneCD images to work - they won't! Use either Alcohol or Blindwrite image with DPM data, and wait for next Daemon Tools version for the blacklist to be fixed.
      Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
      They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

does ut2k4 really blacklist dt (securom?!)

Comment

i only tried clonecd b/c it has worked for me for all of my other titles, ill try blindwrite

Comment

I was not able to reate a working image of ut, but battlefield vietnam (safedisc 2.9) was easy :mrgreen:

Comment

I did a copy of BV using clone CD and it works fine without loading it as an image.

With me, when i buy a game, the first thing i do is back it up, then install it from the back ups. I was very surprised that BV ran with the copied disc in the drive.

Comment

UT2k4 DVD SE version gives me the same error. Anyone have any idea how long it will take to fix this blacklist? I'm having a LAN party in a week and I don't want to be swapping discs all night!

Comment

Misukin, or anyone for that matter. Can you explain to me how you got BF:Vietnam to work?? Ive been trying all night using Alcohol, Cd clone and Daemon tools to no avail. It still asks for the correct cd. Please help me out?

Comment

guys,
                    use blindwrite5
                    The Boardzombie's website.

Comment

Alcohol 120% works really well, too

Comment

No! Alcohol is rotten!

Alcohol is now lying in it's own crypt, and is undead. Thus, it currently builds it's personal zombie army against the better tool, bw5.

Edit: what about the dvd-version? Alcohol IS in fact rotten.

Comment

Alcohol isn't rotten, it's soon updated.

And I'm pretty sure it contains DPM for DVD soon :wink:

Nemerov, as experienced user you should know that at all times
                          there's a "star" in our business - but only for few weeks, then things
                          changed... and imho Alcohol never let their users down. Sometimes,
                          Alcohol is updated often, sometimes not. But they never surrender,
                          that I'm sure about

Comment

Yes, you're right. I wasn't that serious, but the last update was on 2003-12-22... that's pretty long ago.
                            But I'm sure, too, that they will release an update soon dealing with the prob of DVD-DPM. BTW, do you've any form of contact to the devs of Alcohol?

Comment

hey nemerov, just regarding your, erm, affinity to things undead... it comes to my mind that after sixteen more posts, your status will change from 'Skeleton' (which no doubt is to your liking) to 'Goblin' (which is mostly also green or brown in skin color, but that's the only thing they got in common with zombies and such...)

How do you think of goblins?

Comment

Working...
                              X