Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cant install daemon tools error code:14

Hi,
    my problem is: when I try to start the setup on windows vista home premium x64 I got a error message: Internal setup error.
    Error code 14. Contact support.
    I hope you can help me.
    Thanks,
    cMd2k

Which security software are you using?
    Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
    Peace Through Power

Comment

Originally Posted by cMd2k View Post
      Hi,
      my problem is: when I try to start the setup on windows vista home premium x64 I got a error message: Internal setup error.
      Error code 14. Contact support.
      I hope you can help me.
      Thanks,
      cMd2k
      Hey I have exactly the same problem on my AW laptop. I use windows vista home premium x32. Recently I did 2 installations:

experimental for maxing a whole mess in installing various programs, I was using SP1 -> ATI ccc, daemon tools worked fine.

final, where I downloaded&installed Vista SP2 from the microsoft website (345 MB).

On my 1st installation it was all kind of mess and Daemon tools still worked, here I installed SP2 and then: ATI CCC doesn't start anymore, daemon tools won't run the setup, same error, a 3rd program also fails to start.

Comment

I just tried to install DAEMON Tools Lite 4.30.4.0027 and got the error message “Initial setup error. Error code:14. Contact support”.

My OS is Windows Vista Ultimate.
        Security software is PC Tools Spyware Doctor with Antivirus.

Comment

Some security software (antiviruses, firewall, HIPS, etc.) can block SPTD driver work. Please, disable all security software and try to install DAEMON Tools again.

Comment

Originally Posted by seproth View Post
            I just tried to install DAEMON Tools Lite 4.30.4.0027 and got the error message “Initial setup error. Error code:14. Contact support”.

My OS is Windows Vista Ultimate.
            Security software is PC Tools Spyware Doctor with Antivirus.
            yeah, for anyone with this error, it is simple, spyware doctor is blocking it, tell it to shut down (not just disable it's little hooks in your computer, right click it's icon in the system tray, and select shutdown, it will warn you, take a while to shut down, but you have to) and it will install fine, start it back up, unless you need daemon tools right then, it's spyware doctor blocking it

Comment

Working...
            X