Programs autostarting in Daemon Tools Lite 4.30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Programs autostarting in Daemon Tools Lite 4.30

I have daemon tools lite 4.30 installed. Never had a problem with previous versions of daemon tools, but with this lite version, whenever I reboot and get back to my desktop, programs mounted into daemon tools automatically start which I don't want, and so I have to close them down. In Preferences, I've got 'Automount' , Autostart tray icon', and 'Secure mode' all ticked. Without automount ticked, the program dismounts itself and I obviously want it permanently mounted. Without autostart tray icon, the daemon tool icon doesn't appear. How can I stop these programs autostarting? Do I need to tick 'ImageInUse Check'?

Originally Posted by Merlin5 View Post
    Do I need to tick 'ImageInUse Check'?
    No.

Which 4.30.x version exactly ?
    Which operating system ?

Maybe it's the systemwide autostart behaviour set in the meantime by another app ?
    Have you verified with reinstalling a previous version that automounted images don't autostart anymore ?
    Last edited by Terramex; 13.07.2009, 11:23.
    I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

Thanks for the swift reply. My version is 4.30.4.0027. And a bit of extra info for what it's worth is SPTD version 1.58. My other daemon tools is an older one which works with no problem of autostart and that is version 3.47. My O/S is XP Pro SP2.

Originally Posted by Terramex View Post
      No.

Which 4.30.x version exactly ?
      Which operating system ?

Maybe it's the systemwide autostart behaviour set in the meantime by another app ?
      Have you verified with reinstalling a previous version that automounted images don't autostart anymore ?

Comment

- Uninstall DT 4.30.4 & SPTD 1.58, reboot
        - Install SPTD 1.59, reboot
        - Install DT 4.30.4

If that doesn't fix the issue you can as workaround disable OS autoplay feature with Tweak UI:

My Computer/Autoplay/Drives -> uncheck Virtual Drive Letter,
        or if you want to disable Autoplay for all optical drives, My Computer/Autoplay/Types
        I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

Thanks. Followed your instructions to the letter and now have SPTD 1.59 installed and reinstalled daemon lite. Well, I think the problem must lie somewhere else, because now, Alcohol 120% is doing the same thing and strangely enough, alcohol wasn't doing this a couple of days ago. I'm now getting about 10 programs mounted into daemon AND alcohol all starting up on reboot, all overlapping each other. I'll have to download that TweakUiPowertoy and disable autoplay on all drives.

Btw, am I meant to be able to find an 'autoplay' menu even without having the tweak UI installed? Because I can't find autoplay anywhere when I right click on my computer or even opening my computer.

- Uninstall DT 4.30.4 & SPTD 1.58, reboot
          - Install SPTD 1.59, reboot
          - Install DT 4.30.4

If that doesn't fix the issue you can as workaround disable OS autoplay feature with Tweak UI:

or if you want to disable Autoplay for all optical drives, My Computer/Autoplay/Types

Comment

Originally Posted by Merlin5 View Post
            Btw, am I meant to be able to find an 'autoplay' menu even without having the tweak UI installed? Because I can't find autoplay anywhere when I right click on my computer or even opening my computer.
            In XP Professional you can set it in the Group Policy editor (Start -> Run -> gpedit.msc):
            Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\System\"Turn off Autoplay", Enable

In XP Home you have to change settings in the Registry manually; that's where TweakUI becomes handy.

Sorry for asking again: you haven't installed any other app that might have altered your global Autoplay setting at the time you've installed DT 4.30.4 ?
            Last edited by Terramex; 13.07.2009, 18:00.

Comment

Sorry for asking again: you haven't installed any other app that might have altered your global Autoplay setting at the time you've installed DT 4.30.4 ?
              I'm not sure if a particular app changed my global autoplay, I guess something did. But I think alcohol was doing this even before I uninstalled daemon and the older SPTD,

In XP Professional you can set it in the Group Policy editor (Start -> Run -> gpedit.msc):
              Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\System\"Turn off Autoplay", Enable
              Ok, that worked but unfortunately it turns autoplay off for everything, including when I insert CD's or DVD's. So I'd like to try the tweak UI and turn off individual virtual drives one by one while still maintaining autoplay for hardware CD and DVD rom drives.

:

Ok, I've now installed tweakUI and if I right click on a drive and click on properties and then the autoplay tab , it allows me to select an action including 'take no action'. Nothing to turn off a drive letter. For some reason, there is no 'Drives' tab for me to uncheck a drive letter. Any way round this?

Comment

AH! I found it. Silly me, I didn't look in Start /All Programs/PowerToys/TweakUI.

Right then, this should work now.

Comment

And it works perfectly! Thanks very much Terramex for your help, really appreciate it, and sorry for my impatience on cdfreaks, hehe.

Comment

I'm glad I could help

Comment

Working...
                    X