Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ReInstalling Oblivion from Backup

Hi There,
    I uninstalled Oblivion GOTY a while back to clear some room on my hard drive. I want to install again and I can't find my originals. I have backups though (sounds suspect I know, but I honestly own this game. Moved house and can't find discs). I've tried installing from the backups but it does a securom check and won't install. I've tried creating an image from the backup discs using securom but I still get the same problem. Does anybody know how to install from the backups without getting securom errors? This would avoid me having to turn my house upside down looking for the damn originals.

Anybody know how to do this?

Comment

And which SecuROM error do you get?
      Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
      Peace Through Power

Comment

I get the securom 1000 error. Please use the original disc instead of a backup. And yes, the image file is good. Is something to do with installing rather than playing. I've played the game many times with this image, but it does a securom check when you try to install.
        At a loss.
        Think I'm just gonna have to find the originals unless anyone has any further suggestions?

Comment

You have to find the original as you have to recreate your image with New SecuROM profile and try different DPM speeds if the first one not working (the game).
          Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
          Peace Through Power

Comment

Working...
          X