Very slow to open "Select image file" browser

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very slow to open "Select image file" browser

I've used this app for many years and I've never had an issue with it. Now, I have an issue that I just can't figure out. I've been trying to mount an ISO for the past few hours and I'm not having any luck. I've gone so far as to reinstall Daemon Tools Lite but that didn't change anything. I've also gone into MSCONFIG and looked for other software that could be conflicting with DT.

Basically, when I launch DT, it throws the icon in the try as it should. When I go to mount an image, it takes several minutes for the "Select image file" browser window appears. It used to be instantaneous. Any ideas?

07-20-09
    1423 EDT

Is the dialog navigated to a network drive or does the folder contain many many files?
    Last edited by Blazkowicz; 20.07.2009, 21:20.
    Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
    Peace Through Power

Comment

Originally Posted by Blazkowicz View Post
      Is the dialog navigated to a network drive or does the folder contain many many files?
      It was defaulting to the Desktop. There aren't many files there.

07-20-09
      1632 EDT

Comment

Try to open an image on local hdd. Then open Select image file dialog and check if issue is gone.
        It is possible you opened previously an image on a network share which is possibly not available now or its settings has changed.
        Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
        Peace Through Power

Comment

Working...
        X