Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

unable to install,system crash(automatic reset)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• unable to install,system crash(automatic reset)

Operating System: win2000, sp4
    Burning Software: B's Recorder GOLD5
    Anti-virus Software: norton antivirus 2002
    DAEMON Tools Version: 3.44,3.43

During the installation, my system will crash(automatic reset).Then I tried to install again, Daemon tools setup will popup a warning about "driver conflits". I tried to remove the driver called "pnp bios extension" according to post in common problems section in the forum. Then this warning disappeared, but the system crashed again.
    Can anyone tell me how to solve this?
    I tried DT3.44 and 3.43. They were the same. :?: :?:
    Thanks. :idea:

Please check if you have memory dump file in Windows\Minidimp folder.
    is there one?

Comment

Yes!

Originally Posted by VeNoM386
      Please check if you have memory dump file in Windows\Minidimp folder.
      is there one?
      You are right. I found 3 dmp files just now. One was created before my installation, the other two were created by Daemon Tools.

What should I do? Thank you for your answer.Could you give me more specific directions about that?

Comment

Can I delete them?

Comment

No, send newest dmp-file to support@daemon-tools.cc so we can check what causes the problem.
          Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
          They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Not installing properly. Windows dies and auto starts. DT says it lacks lang

Operating System: Windows XP Home (SP1)
            Burning Software: None yet
            Anti-virus Software: AVG 6
            DAEMON Tools Version: 3.44

Originally Posted by Copytrooper
            ..send newest dmp-file to support@daemon-tools.cc so we can check what causes the problem.
            Almost the same set of events happened to me too. I sent the dmp files, and I looked at them too. They're pretty in a way. The characters kind-a flow with big blocks of question marks and so on. I don't know how they're going to decrypt those files. Anyway, this is the email I sent:

DT 3.44 won't completely install. It kills Windows apparently just before the end of the process. Then, after the auto reboot (apparently not a deliberate action on the part of DT installer);
            when I try to run DT, I get the "No language support detected!" warning, and DT doesn't run.

In the lang folder there is 1033.dll 8KB.

I can't uninstall via the Windows add or remove programs, because DT doesn't show up there. I use the process on http://www.daemon-tools.cc/portal/viewtopic.php?t=2287 including the regedit. I try to install again, and the same thing happens. Windows dies just before the install completes.

These are the last few lines in the log:

3485983815A339C4D93FB2BD567C5EA4
            MSI (s) (88:54): Specifed source is already in a list.
            MSI (s) (88:54): User policy value 'SearchOrder' is 'nmu'
            MSI (s) (88:54): Machine policy value 'DisableBrowse' is 0
            MSI (s) (88:54): Machine policy value 'AllowLockdownBrowse' is 0
            MSI (s) (88:54): Adding new sources is allowed.
            MSI (s) (88:54): Set LastUsedSource to: C:\WINDOWS\Downloaded Installations\DAEMON Tools 3.44\.
            MSI (s) (88:54): Set LastUsedType to: n.
            MSI (s) (88:54): Set LastUsedIndex to: 1.
            MSI (s) (88:54): Executing op: ActionStart(Name=DaemonDriverInstall,,)
            Action 18:28:20: DaemonDriverInstall.
            MSI (s) (88:54): Executing op: CustomActionSchedule(Action=DaemonDriverInstall,Ac tionType=3073,Source=BinaryData,Target=_DaemonDriv erInstall@4,CustomActionData=dd344bus;dd344prt)
            MSI (s) (88:54): Creating MSIHANDLE (2) of type 790536 for thread 596

Comment

We are checking this issue.

Comment

Originally Posted by VeNoM386
                We are checking this issue.
                Okay, I appreciate it. But in the meantime, I'd like to reinstall my old version of DT. I don't remember which one I had. Theoretically I could find out because I have a drive outside the computer with the info on it, but I'd have to hook it up. Is there anyway to tell which version I had before? I'm afraid I already deleted the registry entries.

But I really don't need to know which one I had. Where can I download, lets say, the version prior to 3.44?

Comment

Comment

Originally Posted by Nehmo
                    like to reinstall my old version of DT. I don't remember which one I had. Is there anyway to tell which version I had before?
                    I'd like to know this question too! Would you please tell me the version when you reinstall your old version. I don't want to reinstall without directions and your sucessful resintallation, the auto reboot really harms my system.

Comment

Originally Posted by free321
                      Originally Posted by Nehmo
                      like to reinstall my old version of DT. I don't remember which one I had. Is there anyway to tell which version I had before?
                      I'd like to know this question too! Would you please tell me the version when you reinstall your old version. I don't want to reinstall without directions and your sucessful resintallation, the auto reboot really harms my system.
                      I just successfully installed DT v 3.41 . Apparently there is something incompatible with my system and v 3.44. The answer is probably in that mem dump file, but I don't know how to analyze it.

In any case, v 3.41 does everything I want it to do. I only "upgraded" because the new version had a higher number.

Comment

Check v3.46
                        Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
                        They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Working...
                        X