Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Freeware ISO creators with Securom New 5.x (Neverwinter Nights - Hordes)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freeware ISO creators with Securom New 5.x (Neverwinter Nights - Hordes)

Hi all... I've got my "Neverwinter Nights - Hordes of the Underdark" CD, and made an ISO backup with ISOBuster, so obviously I'm running into the Securom "use original CD, not a backup" error message. And I don't really want to purchase a product like Alcohol120% since I don't really play that many copy-protected games.

So, is there a way to use a freeware ISO image creator (like ISOBuster or the WinXP ISO Power Toy) along with something created by someone else (like a BWA file or something like that) to create a mountable image which I can use for NWN-HotU?

(By the way, I've read one of the other tips to ferret out registry entries with ImagePaths pointing to a "TEMP" directory, and clearing those out along with the 29k .SYS files in the "TEMP" folder, so if that's part of the answer, please let me know).

I suppose I could just download Alcohol and use the 30-day trial to rip an image of my one troublesome copy-protected game, but (a) I dislike abusing a developer that way, and (b) I hate to waste a trial period that way! :wink:

Any feedback? Much appreciated.
Working...
X