BSOD during install/Won't run after Activation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BSOD during install/Won't run after Activation

During installation of DT Pro I receive a BSOD after the progress bar moves all the way to the right. After the reboot I can start DT, and see the splash screen, but the Activation prompt reappears. After I click Activate the prompt and splash screen disappear, but no icon appears in the system tray and no DT executables can be found in Task Manager.

Other than the BSOD (I've seen this two times during two installs) no error messages appear. I followed steps I found to uninstall DT delete the SPTD keys in the registry, and then reinstalled, but the same thing happens as before.

Please help me get this installed.

I am installing on Vista Enterprise SP2 on a Lenovo T61 with 32GB of memory.

Thanks for reading.

Could you please post latest minidump available in windows\minidump folder.

OK, i see it is activated at disc-soft.com
    And what happens when you try to start DT Pro now?
    Last edited by Blazkowicz; 06.08.2009, 18:10.
    Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
    Peace Through Power

Comment

Originally Posted by Blazkowicz View Post
      Could you please post latest minidump available in windows\minidump folder.

Is disc-soft.com email address the same as here in forum?
      Yes, the email address should be the same. I'm not sure how to post the minidump file. Where or how do I do that?

Comment

You click on "Go Advanced" -> scroll down to Manage Attachments -> Use WinZip or WinRar to compress latest minidump file to zip file and then select the zip file and press on upload.
        Peace Through Power

Comment

Okay. I think I've done that right (though I see no indication that I've attached anything). Let me know if I need to re-do the upload.

Thanks for the quick replies.

Comment

Hmm, somehow attachment is missing.
            You can also upload minidump file to rapidshare.com or megaupload.com.

BTW what happens when you start DT Pro now?
            Attachment system is working, just checked.
            Peace Through Power

Comment

Hmm, somehow attachment is missing.
              You can also upload minidump file to rapidshare.com or megaupload.com.

BTW what happens when you start DT Pro now?
              Okay, I'll try the upload again.

When I start DT Pro now I see the splash screen, and the activate prompt. When I click Activate, everything disappears just like before.
              Attached Files

Comment

OK, please navigate to c:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\DAEMON Tools Pro and delete DTPro.dat and try to reactivate again.
                Will check dump file.

EDIT: BSOD caused by SPTD.sys.
                Could you please contact www.duplexsecure.com, so they can take a look into their driver and fix this issue for upcoming users, thank you.
                Peace Through Power

Comment

One thing I left out. After clicking Activate, Windows prompts me to confirm with Admin rights. After I click the confirm button, the splash screen and prompt disappear.

Comment

OK, if above (my last post) isn't helping, try to right click on DT Pro -> Run as Administrator.
                    Peace Through Power

Comment

OK, if above (my last post) isn't helping, try to right click on DT Pro -> Run as Administrator.
                      Actually I've tried that already with the same results.

OK, please navigate to c:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\DAEMON Tools Pro and delete DTPro.dat and try to reactivate again.
                      The path on my system was a little different than the path you gave (probably due to the image my company uses), bt I deleted the dtpro.dat file and then reran DT Pro (as administrator). The dtpro.dat file is recreated, and the splash screen and prompt disappear. Task Manager still shows no DT exes running.

Originally Posted by Blazkowicz
                      EDIT: BSOD caused by SPTD.sys.
                      Could you please contact DuplexSecure, so they can take a look into their driver and fix this issue for upcoming users, thank you.
                      I would be glad to.

Comment

You are using 32-bit version of Vista?

EDIT: Are you using any security software?
                        Is kernel debugging activated?
                        Last edited by Blazkowicz; 06.08.2009, 19:12.
                        Peace Through Power

Comment

You are using 32-bit version of Vista?

EDIT: Are you using any security software?
                          Is kernel debugging activated?
                          Yes to 32-bit.

I checked the services using MSCONFIG and did not see anything there that looked like a debugger, so I don't think that's enabled.

I am curoius about this: Is my problem related to the Activation routines? I mean it seems like the program is accepting my license key, but it keeps asking for it. And when I run Image Editor, it says "License verification failed." I wonder if my firewall is blocking something that the program needs.

Comment

Activation is successful according to Disc-Soft.com, but it seems DT Pro is unable to load activation file (the file which we deleted before).
                            Therefore check for any security software and disable them (also its services) and try again.
                            If issue is still persistent then, please contact support directly Send Message :: Disc-Soft.com
                            Last edited by Blazkowicz; 06.08.2009, 19:55.
                            Peace Through Power

Comment

I can see where several DT processes are loading dtpro.key using Sysinternals procmon tool. (See the attachment.)

Are you saying there may be something wrong with the format of the file?
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X