• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems Uninstalling Daemon Tools 3.44

Operating System: Windows 2000
    Burning Software: Nero Burning ROM
    Anti-virus Software: Norton Antivirus 2003
    DAEMON Tools Version: 3.44

I just recently installed Daemon Tools 3.44 from my previous version of 3.29. I thought that since I haven't updated in such a long time now would be the time.

Unfortunately, this was not the right time. Apparently whenever my computer boots up now, I get the "Blue Screen of Death". I know this is due to Daemon Tools because when the ".bus" sequence/file thing tried to start up, I got the error. I have thus gone into Safe Mode to try to rectify this by uninstalling Daemon Tools from there. However, I have reached another problem. Apparently, Windows Installer, which is used to install and uninstall Daemon Tools, does not work under Safe Mode. So I am unable to uninstall. I am therefore trying to figure out if there is any way that I can uninstall Daemon Tools without working through Windows Installer, or somehow disabling the "d3****.bus" (I think you know what I'm talking about);

so I can get into W2K normally and uninstall. Any help would be greatly appreciated, as of now I can only use my computer under the horrible 640x480 resolution under Safe Mode. Thank you for your time.

-Katratzi86

You need delete that bus driver in safe mode. Then boot again in normal mode and uninstall.

Comment

Thanks! It's good to know that help is only a click away.

-Katratzi86

Comment

Working...
      X