Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drivers: Unable to install SCSI CdRom Device, Virtual Drive not showing

Hi all,

I've just installed Windows Vista x64 on a Acer Travelmate 5520, and I'm confronted with the following problem: (Been trying things for two days, haven't found a sollution.)

1. Have installed successfully DT Lite 4.30.4.0027. Was able to mount image. However, it doesn't show in My Computer.
    2. "Found new hardware" appeared, Windows was not able to install it and suggested I check with manufacturer. Checked in Device Manager, SXINOT S1U34XIN05YR SCSI CdRom Device appears under Other Devices, driver properties: Unknown device, Bus Number 0, Target ID 0, LUN 0, Driver Provider: Unknown.

Please help.... I've tried finding the drivers by pointing Vista to the Windows/Inf to no avail, as well as Windows/System32/DriverStore, where I got two different errors, one that it found the driver for CD-ROM drive but was unable to install, and a second similar one regarding a generic storage device.

Any ideas, pointers, something? I'm more than disappointed about Vista, with all the struggle with a program that would otherwise function perfectly under XP.

Thanks in advance.

Please, read that and try to perform described actions - DAEMON Tools Professional Help: No virtual drive in My Computer

Comment

Working...
    X