Deus Ex: Invisible War

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deus Ex: Invisible War

Hi, I just tried to make a backup of the DE:IW DVD and when I tried to run it with daemon tools i got a message saying "Please enter the original disk and not a backup". What can I do to get around this (I used Alcohol 120% to make the image)

hi there.
    i am having the same problem and no body seams to care. i have deus ex IW and slient hill 3 and both are on DVD.
    i have tried everything. nero 6, blindwrite, dvd decrypter and alcohol 120.
    but nothing works. i cant make a working backup of dvd games.
    i find it strange because more and more games will be in DVD format as time moves on. games are getting bigger in size. it is only a matter of time untill all will be on DVD.
    then we will have loads of replys to theis posts.
    anyway if i come across any info i will post it.
    riaz...

Comment

I care...well, at least i'll pretend to !!

I have the same problem also, the only way i found around it is to load it disc as an image (i have cd version) and run it from there with the relevant emulation on. Not ideal, but i cant find another way at this time. I run DAEMON tools for that rather that alcohol (its better)

Comment

for a second i thought you were the man.
        Its the dvd version that is the problem. it seams unreal T 2004 is causing the same amount of grief. some one said that the software is not available yet.
        Lets hope the wait is not a long one. :?

Comment

I think that the problem is that at the moment there is no software that can both make an image of a DVD and emulate the copy protection at the same time . Anyone know when someone will release something for this?

Comment

The problem is that these DVDs are Securom protected. Alcohol cannot read DPM for DVDs at the moment. Anyway the latest Blindwrite DOES! And since the Securom blacklist is fixed with D-Tools 3.46 a BW-image of these games works with D-Tools 3.46!!

Comment

Its strange, I have downloaded the new version of DT, however I am still getting the "conflict with emulation software", or whatever it is, error.

Comment

then it seems some kind of old and now blacklisted software still resists on
                your system. Maybe CloneCd, maybe an old version of Alcohol 120%
                and so on....

Please make sure you deleted all old software which can cause trouble

Comment

Found the problem. An old version of DT hadnt uninstalled properly, an old virtual drive still existed?! Anyway after a few reboots it was gone works like a dream now!

Comment

Working...
                  X