Not a valid win32 application?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not a valid win32 application?

I downloaded DAEMON tools lite v4.30.4 from: Disk-Tools.com - Published Software Download

But when it try to run the application it says: deamon4304-lite.exe is not a valid Win32 application.

Could someone please tell me what's going on and how to fix this?

Redownload setup please.
    Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
    Peace Through Power

Comment

Not a win32 Application

I've tried downloading several times, but always get the message "Not a win32 application"

Do you have an alternative download format - e.g. Zip instead of exe.

Comment

Check hash sum (CRC, MD5, or SHA-1) of 'daemon4304-lite.exe' file.
        If file is correct, corresponding value should be:

Attached Files

Comment

I have the same problem too. Just installed and updated a fresh install of Vista 64.

Comment

jiandrews, read my post above. Or you have another DT version?

Comment

Wrong file size. When downloading daemon4304-lite.exe it says 7.3MB and downloads a full 7.3MB. When I look at the file that is left on my desktop it's only 473kb.

I am not on the new Vista 64 install anymore and have switched back to a 1 year running 32bit version of Vista and I still have this problem. Even though I am a registered member of this forum, I was not allowed access to view the image you have posted above.

Comment

Try again. It may be a problem with your download manager.

Comment

I don't use a download manager. I am just clicking the download link on disc-tools.com and the windows "Save File As" box downloads to my desktop.

I have now downloaded on my XP laptop and dragged the file over the network to my Vista machine.

The problem of downloading a 7.3MB file and only getting a 473kb .exe has now occurred on both Vista 32bit and a clean install of Vista 64bit. Neither build had AV or any kind of blocking app. The 64nit was just installed, windows updated and then tried installing DT.

The vista 32 bit was happily running and installing DT 4.10

Comment

Just checked. I have no problem with downloading DTLite from Disc-Tools.com - Published Software Download.
                    Try to use another browser.

Comment

This just happened to me,

it is due to a corrupt download,
                      you must first remove the saved file you first downloaded
                      then just run (not save) the file on a clean re-download
                      and this should work fine.

Worked for me, hope it works for you

Pipco

Comment

i had the same problem for awhile. try going to a different site to download it. download.com worked for me. hope this helps

Comment

Having the same problem. Tried all the suggestions in here, but no matter where I download from, or whether I run, or save file to drive before running, I still end up with the "Not a valid win32 application" popup whenever I try to launch a mounted ISO.

Uninstalled and re-downloaded about ten times now. Tried both these download links:-

Disk-Tools.com - Published Software Download

Daemon Tools Lite - Free software downloads and software reviews - CNET Download.com

The files I am getting say they are 7.3 megs.

Also, dont know if it matters but when installing, I choose to opt out of the toolbar installation.

My System:
                          Vista 32bit
                          Service pack 2
                          Dual core optimisation
                          Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 5200+
                          2 gigs DDR2 800Mhz RAM
                          GeForce 8800 GTX 768mb
                          Running AvG anti-virus and adaware. Neither seem to be conflicting with daemon tools lite.

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Comment

You have a problem with ISO, not with DT. Is it reproduced with another ISO images?

Comment

Possibly. Maybe Alcohol 120%, Though I’m not certain.

Does DT only work with ISO’s created using DT pro?

Comment

Working...
                              X