Force unmount/eject corrupted images.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Force unmount/eject corrupted images.

Well, I think everyone bumped into those one or two times...
    You get a lot of 'bad block' events and almost everything freezes until windows stops trying to read the disk.
    Well, the problem is that even daemon tools if frozen and I can't tell it to dismount the image.
    Can anyone suggest some way or program to break the deadlock immediately without waiting for system timeout?

p.s. ejecting the disk in windows doesn't work. It says that drive is busy and won't eject it.

You can instruct CDROM Tool to unlock your drive each 100ms or so. This would mean the eject button would work for you assuming your PC is not totally frozen and the program is able to run.

http://cdromtool.sourceforge.net/downloads.php
    the modern world:
    net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Originally Posted by Underheaven View Post
      You can instruct CDROM Tool to unlock your drive each 100ms or so. This would mean the eject button would work for you assuming your PC is not totally frozen and the program is able to run.

CD-ROM Tool - Downloads
      It froze on statrup while querying existing CD drives (my guess), just like any other program.
      Anything that tries to do something cd-related is getting frozen while waiting for drive reply.

Comment

You can try booting up in safemode(by pressing F8 before the windows loading bar apears) and unmount the disc then.
        Never cross a bridge until you come to it

Comment

Originally Posted by Qwynbleid View Post
          You can try booting up in safemode(by pressing F8 before the windows loading bar apears) and unmount the disc then.
          I have 'automount' disabled so even a simple reboot always works.
          But it isn't a final solution, is it? Usually I have some programs/VMs running in background therefore every reboot-restore cycle would take 5-10 minutes.

Comment

Working...
          X