DT crashes my computer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DT crashes my computer?

Hi, having some trouble with my computer crashing when i try to access cd/dvd images and only then.

Winxp pro sp3 with all updates, reinstalled xp 2 days ago on a clean harddrive but still have random crashes.
    DT 4.30.4.0027 with stpd 1.58
    Comodo firewall
    Avira antivirus
    C2d E4300 completly stable in both orthos and hyperpi.
    2x2GB+2x1GB DDR2-800, had memtest86 running for 16 hours with no errors.
    Ati hd4850
    No cd/dvd attached
    1 sata western digital 640GB harddrive

The computer is very stable in both windows and games like wolfenstein, crysis, grid and so on.

Sometimes it crashes when i mount an image and autorun is executed, other times it crashes during an installation of a game but can also crash when the image is accessed after i clicked on the install button.
    It "feels" like it crashes more with mdf/mds files than with iso-files.

What can be the cause to the crashes?
    And what can be done about the crashes?

Regards
    Black Ghost

Try installing SPTD 1.60 and check if crashes are gone.

Also do you see any error like BSOD (Blue Screen Of Death)?
    Have you tried to uninstall your security softwares to verify they don't cause a trouble?
    What mainboard do you have? If Gigabyte, then disable Gigabyte Energy Saver.
    Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
    Peace Through Power

Comment

Originally Posted by Blazkowicz View Post
      Try installing SPTD 1.60 and check if crashes are gone.
      Have updated stpd but it still crashes.
      Also do you see any error like BSOD (Blue Screen Of Death)?
      No, the screen freeze's most of the time but occasionally goes black and often strange noises is played over the speakers.
      Have you tried to uninstall your security softwares to verify they don't cause a trouble?
      I have not, must they be uninstalled or is it enough to disable them so they dont startup with windows?
      What mainboard do you have? If Gigabyte, then disable Gigabyte Energy Saver.
      No, Asus p5b-e plus with intel P965 chipset.

Comment

Daemon tools

I have a problem with DT as well. Almost every program that i have on my computer is opening as shortcuts with daemon tools. so if i wanna open warcraft 3 only daempn tools opens and nothing more happens. same with DTs uninstall program it just open with daemon tools.

this happened after i had installed Power iso. Plz help

Comment

Please check the following register keys:
          1) HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.lnk - there should be (default)='lnkfile' value
          2) HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curre ntVersion\Explorer\FileExts\.lnk - there should be (default)=(value not set) for all default keys
          Do the necessary changes and then restart your computer.

Comment

Originally Posted by dagis13 View Post
            I have a problem with DT as well. Almost every program that i have on my computer is opening as shortcuts with daemon tools. so if i wanna open warcraft 3 only daempn tools opens and nothing more happens. same with DTs uninstall program it just open with daemon tools.

this happened after i had installed Power iso. Plz help
            Did you try right click and then open with? Also did the extension for the file type change or is it still the same?
            Never cross a bridge until you come to it

Comment

Working...
            X