virtual image...is there any???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• virtual image...is there any???

First i hope this is the right place to post my question...
    I have multiple files scattered through my harddisk in different directories and drives, i want to process these files as they are from the same directory, without having to chane any file's location.
    The only way i thought for this to have a software that can mount a selected collection of files to a virtual Drive/folder/...etc
    I looked for a software that can do this but i didn't find any.
    so the other way to look for is a type of image like an iso image that only contains files path instead of the actual files that can be mounted and used.
    I found many image types, and it's very hard to look through each image specific software and check if it has the desired option or not.
    so if someone have an experience in this matter i hope he can help me looking for a solution.
    Also if this feature can be added to daemon tools it would be more pleasant for me.
    Thanks in advance.

Maybe you want to swap your OS anyway, Windows 7 is capable of doing such things - collect different folders as a virtual one.

Comment

Originally Posted by A.Hecka View Post
      Maybe you want to swap your OS anyway, Windows 7 is capable of doing such things - collect different folders as a virtual one.
      What i am looking for is to collect different files into a virtual folder/drive not collect different folders.
      Can windows 7 still capable of doing this.

Comment

It all depends on what you want to do.
        If it's just file operations most file managers can solve this (Far Manager, Total Commander). Also, there is such thing as hard/symbolic links supported in NTFS. The file managers (Far at least) can create those as well.
        After all, nothing helps to make order with files as good as actually making order with those files.

Comment

What i am looking for is to process multiple files not folders and some of these files are located on DVD disks.

Comment

Try to use Image Editor functionality of DAEMON Tools Pro.

Comment

Originally Posted by Sway View Post
              Try to use Image Editor functionality of DAEMON Tools Pro.
              DAEMON Tools Professional Help: Creating new image
              If there is an option in image editor to mount the current image without saving then it will do the job for me.
              Hope to see such a thing in the future.

Comment

Working...
              X